Decent quality grease gun?

/ Decent quality grease gun? #1  

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I'm not sure i this is the proper place to ask but I figured you all would know and I need a decent grease gun.
All the ones I have bought over the years have all turned to crap in short order.
Tractor supply has a new battery one on sale but no one there knows anything about them.
I have a Jeep, a Lull (telehandler), truck and the Kubota to grease.
Thanks

/ Decent quality grease gun? #2  
I use a Dewalt 18v grease gun w/ a lock-n-lube coupler-best money I ever spent

/ Decent quality grease gun? #3  
I've had a Lincoln air-operated grease gun and a Lincoln manual pistol grip grease gun for many years, no problems with either one.

/ Decent quality grease gun? #4  
I'm not sure i this is the proper place to ask but I figured you all would know and I need a decent grease gun.
All the ones I have bought over the years have all turned to crap in short order.
Tractor supply has a new battery one on sale but no one there knows anything about them.
I have a Jeep, a Lull (telehandler), truck and the Kubota to grease.
Thanks

I have been told that the DeWalt battery powered gun is very good, but for me it was a bit too pricey.
I bought the Lincoln model 1162 air operated gun. It is $70 on E-Bay, with free shipping/no tax.
Has hundreds of excellent reviews.
The 20V DeWalt on Amazon is $199, but $139 0n E-Bay, and it has excellent reviews.
The newer model DeWalt is 2 speed, and is more money.
With your 4 machines to grease, I think I would favor a battery powered DeWalt, and definitely get a "lock-n-lube".

/ Decent quality grease gun? #5  
How does a grease gun turn to crap?

/ Decent quality grease gun? #6  
Battery is the way to go. They are really that much nicer. Hopefully find one to match your tool set. Air is good too but 1) it is easy to blow dirt in your eyes if you're not careful as it exhales if you are in a dirty environment and 2) you need do deal with an air hose.

/ Decent quality grease gun? #7  
How does a grease gun turn to crap?
Kind of wondering the same. I have several, including a mini. I have bought a couple at garage sales for cheap and they look to be well used. Cleaned them up and they are good as new. I sort of wish I could justify a Dewalt battery powered one just to be cool but I can't see me ever wearing out one of mine, let alone 4!

x2 on the 'locknlube' regardless of your set up and needs.

/ Decent quality grease gun? #8  
I have a nice lever type I bought at NAPA a few years ago. The addition of a Lock n Lube last year has made me very happy. Got a couple of zerks on my brush hog drive shaft that it won't work on, think that I may need to replace them...

/ Decent quality grease gun? #9  
I havent used my locknlube yet.