Deere 2032 with radial turfs need chains

/ Deere 2032 with radial turfs need chains #1  

kboisver

Tractor
2022 Deere 2032R
Long time reader first time poster.

Currently have Deere 2032R new 2022 with R3 radial turfs. I need chains for front and rear. Rears are 300/70-20 and that size is pretty easy to find. I still need to figure out proper chains for the fronts 200/60-15 (Diameter = 23 inches, tread width = 7.5 in, sidewall height = 4 in). Any information about what has worked for you with this tire type/size is appreciated. Tirechain.com and others keep saying “we’ll get back to you on the fronts”, but they don’t. I think 4 link square link tractor chains would work. I can make adjustments to length if needed.

Aqualine MPC chains for the rears are nice and pretty pricey if you can find them in this size in stock. I had been looking for 10 months.

This is my 4th tractor, 3rd Deere, and all have, by necessity, been on chains in the winter. Pushing a 6 ft hydraulic snow plow and 64in PTO snowblower up and down a 800ft hardpack drive with maybe a 10 degree grade.

Thanks

/ Deere 2032 with radial turfs need chains #2  
Do you know what the cross-link length is that you want for the front tires? i.e. how far down the sidewall do you want the side chain? Also, what would be the length of the side chain?

If you can decide on those lengths, then I'd look for the availability of the cross chains and then make a set of chains for the front tires.

Apparently you have not kept any of the chains used on previous tractors. I have bought used car and truck chains for my front tires. With some cutting and fitting, get them to work well for me.
Made the rear chains for the JD 4300 because there was very little room between the fender and the R4 tires and didn't want the side chains to run far down on the tire sidewall.

Attachments

• Tire_chains.JPG
    Tire_chains.JPG
    653.6 KB · Views: 67
   / Deere 2032 with radial turfs need chains
Yes all previous tractors were sold with chains. I’ll consider making some though - I do have some parts. Thanks

I believe I saw your post about fabricating chains in another thread and that did get me thinking. Hoping for something off the shelf first. Thanks again

Do you know what the cross-link length is that you want for the front tires? i.e. how far down the sidewall do you want the side chain? Also, what would be the length of the side chain?

If you can decide on those lengths, then I'd look for the availability of the cross chains and then make a set of chains for the front tires.

Apparently you have not kept any of the chains used on previous tractors. I have bought used car and truck chains for my front tires. With some cutting and fitting, get them to work well for me.
Made the rear chains for the JD 4300 because there was very little room between the fender and the R4 tires and didn't want the side chains to run far down on the tire sidewall.

Turns out I had an almost new 2 link ladder set that will work for the fronts with a little work. Also I ordered 4 link vbar the rears from "TxxxCxxxx.com". The recommended chain for rears was short by one cross chain and about 2 links per side. I called yesterday and spoke with a real person Anna and she agreed to send 2 crosschains assemblies so that I can make these work rather than sending back. The chains themselves are very robust I’d give them a 5 star rating. I’ll give Anna 5 stars for the sending the crosschsins assuming they arrive before the snow. Sales and e-mail customer service is 1 star for unresponsive. Appreciate your initial response

/ Deere 2032 with radial turfs need chains #6  
Are you sure you can use chains on the front? I was always told that my 2320 didn't have enough clearance for front chains.

/ Deere 2032 with radial turfs need chains #7  
Are you sure you can use chains on the front? I was always told that my 2320 didn't have enough clearance for front chains.
I am sure.. they have been on the 4300 often and there is plenty of clearance.. only have to watch that the snowplow hyd lines are tied down (secured) to clear the chains when turning sharp.

Last edited:
   / Deere 2032 with radial turfs need chains #8  
Aqualine chains are a good choice as are TRYGG and OFA.
As far as the fronts;
200/60-15 (Diameter = 23 inches, tread width = 7.5 in, sidewall height = 4 in). so 7.50 x 23,
I would use ATV chains,
1664568668525.png

These patterns and similar will get you the most traction along with keeping the bumping and bouncing out of the front.