Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter #11  
I use insulated coveralls

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter #12  
There is a GREAT difference between what you do outside - Spido842 - and what I do. When it's really cold outside - I mainly sit in the house, gaze out the window and drink hot chocolate. I'm retired and don't have to be anyplace any time soon. So plowing my mile long gravel driveway can just wait. Wait for a little warmer weather. I have no farm animals to feed - no firewood to fetch.

My down clothing is primarily designed for riding on snowmobiles. So - it's uber warm but I would roast if I did any actual work with it on. Any real outside work can wait for warm summer weather.

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter #13  
I have a JD 5055E and I keep it in the garage (standard 8 foot high door). As I get older I find myself appreciating more protection from the elements, particularly in January when I am clearing snow. The JD factory cab is much too tall (and too expensive) and I am having difficulty finding something for it - which surprises me. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated!

If you mentioned that a cabbed Deere 5055E is "much" too tall to fit under your garage door, your door is probably not 8' tall. A cabbed 5055E on the standard 14.9-28 ag tires is 93" tall and should clear that door. Do note that the top of the ROPS on an open station 5055E is about 4 1/2" taller than the top of the cab on a cabbed one and an open station 5055E will not clear an 8' door with the ROPS up. Many garage doors are only 7' tall and you are not going to clear that with a utility tractor with a cab unless you get some six-figure custom job of a super low profile setup such as at least one company offers for CNH orchard tractors, and even that is a maybe. The major manufacturers here do not offer factory cabbed low-profile tractors, all are open station only. But even if they did offer one, it would be far more expensive than a cabbed 5055E runs as a 5055E is about as inexpensive as you'd find for a cabbed utility tractor and you said the cabbed 5055E is still too expensive.

You realistically have two options given your constraints.

1. A fabric cab for your 5055E. Pull out of the garage, flip your ROPS up, install the cab, do your work, remove the cab, flip the ROPS down, pull in the garage. However, there really isn't heat other than what the engine blows at you and there certainly isn't any air conditioning in the summer.

2. Sell the open station 5055E and use the proceeds to buy an older used cabbed utility tractor and get/build an enclosed carport, pole barn garage, or other relatively inexpensive structure with a tall enough door to fit it through.

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter
??? I have a 5055e and I also have an 8' door. I do not have a cab, but I do have a sun shade and it does not fit in the garage. How are you getting it in the garage even with an 8' high door? The only way I can think of is if you fold the ROPS and that's not going to work with any cab I know of. I think you'd be better off with a separate tractor shed for it.
I may have smaller rear tires than you....I have the R-4s and I usually do fold the ROPS but if I push the door back an inch after the power door raises it, the tractor will barely fit with the ROPS up.

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter
Can't you get a soft cab? I'm thinking that's what you are wanting.
Correct.....I haven't seen one for the larger tractors like the 5055....they all seem to be for the compact utilities.

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter #16  
Correct.....I haven't seen one for the larger tractors like the 5055....they all seem to be for the compact utilities.

Any upholstery shop that can make a soft top for a jeep can do it.

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter #17  
Trundle down to your local Goodwill store and find yourself a cheap snowmobile suit and wear that. Just the thought of winter time snow removal without a cab makes me shiver.

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter #19  
@Curtis Cabs come answer your calling. 🤣
Unfortunately, we don't currently carry any cabs for the 5000 series, only 4000 and below. However, it's nice to see interest in such, and could be a thing of the future. Thanks for your alert!

/ Deere 5055E - help finding some kind of a cab so I don't freeze another winter #20  
I may have smaller rear tires than you....I have the R-4s and I usually do fold the ROPS but if I push the door back an inch after the power door raises it, the tractor will barely fit with the ROPS up.

The R4s on a 5055E are smaller, the rears are 16.9-24s versus (usually) 16.9-28s for ag tires on a 5055E. The rears could be 14.9-28 ag tires but I've only ever seen 14.9-28s on 5045Es, the other 3 cylinder 5Es always wore 16.9-28 ag rears. The fronts are quite a bit smaller too, they are 12.5/80-18 R4s versus 9.5-24 ags.

The R4 tire combination isn't specifically listed as low profile on the 3 cylinder 5E but they do use the same tire setup on the low-profile 4 cylinder 5EL series; it certainly does reduce the height a few inches on a 3 cylinder and more on a 4 cylinder unit.