Deere 5105 Hydraulic filter

/ Deere 5105 Hydraulic filter #1  

Grumpy365

Tractor
John Deere
I have a John Deere 5105 that has a problem with getting moisture in the hydraulic system.
(this has been an ongoing problem and not the 1st time I have flushed the system)

I have drained and flushed the system, cleaned the screen, changed the filter and adding fresh fluid.

I am at the point where I want to cut in an additional filter.

Does anyone know of a filter with an integrated water separator (like you may see on diesel fuel filter)? or some means of catching he moisture before it comply contaminates the fluid in the tractor?
(here are some pictures, just because people like pictures)

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • fluid.jpg
    fluid.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
   / Deere 5105 Hydraulic filter #2  
Once you have water/oil mix like you're experiencing, it doesn't separate as easily as it does in diesel. Somehow I doubt there is a filter out there that's reasonably (or even unreasonably) priced that will do what you ask. I don't know that for a fact so will withhold
judgement on that.

I would suggest that instead of that you concentrate on how/where the moisture is getting in to start with. Stopping it should be as (or more) effective than removing it. What are you doing with the tractor, where do you store it, and what are your weather conditions when this takes place? I see a lot of that series tractors stored in various ways, and don't see chronic problems of that sort.

/ Deere 5105 Hydraulic filter
I live on the gulf coast in a high heat / humid area. I suspect condensation is playing a huge role. There are no other signs of ways for water to be getting in... and Like I said, this has been an issue since the tractor was new. It has been parked under a lean-to, or outside. No more issues parked outside than when it was under cover. The issue is exactly the same.

/ Deere 5105 Hydraulic filter #4  
Well my friend, good like finding a filter that will do what you're hoping for. Maybe someone has some answers for you.