Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO

/ Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO #1  

russhog

Installed a used transmission housing on front of tranmission (pto would not work before intall). Pto works now but after the tractor got warm i was moving forward, hit the clutch. Now no hydraulics on power steering, wont move forward or back. no three point hitch power, pto will operate?

Any ideas?

/ Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

You did refill the fluid correct;)

Run the tractor and see if the fluid is getting foamed up...possibly you have a air leak? The PTO is gear driven right?-so it would have no effect on the hydraulics.

/ Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO
i did fill properly, i did notice the fluid is foaming when i check the filler stick.
where would an air leak occur?

/ Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO #4  
Where? Did you take any filters off? Did you have to remove any lines under the tractor?

Foaming fluid indicates a leak on the return/suction side of the pump, so you may not see any external leakage.

Yes i took the front transmission pump housing off and replaced. There could very well be an air leak. Is there a screen that could be clogged as well? How do i go about stopping a leak?

/ Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO #6  
Yes i took the front transmission pump housing off and replaced. There could very well be an air leak. How do i go about stopping a leak?
Was there a gasket? Or is a sealant (RTV) used? If it's RTV-is is rated for hydraulic oil? Was it allowing to cure before refilling?

You took it apart, so you know everywhere it could be leaking from...I have never taken one apart. I am just offering general advice.

Is there a screen that could be clogged as well?

Not sure if there is a screen or not, I guess you don't have a manual?

I used the gasket maker to re-seal the housing when installed. I didn't use the maker on the intake tube. I have a technical manual on the 7410, some things are similar on this, but diagnostics are differnt. I guess i need to know
determine the items on the suction side.

Update. I drained the hydraulic oil and put two new filters on today. Refilled the fluid. I now can drive the tractor but i still have no power steering or three point hitch movement. Any Ideas?

/ Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO #9  
Is the fluid still foamy?

/ Deere 6400 Lost all Hydraulics Except PTO #10  
Have you put a gage in the pressure side of the pump, and and tried to steer. If you have PS, there is a priority valve that should get the fluid first? If you are not steering, the fluid goes on to the next valve.