Delivery Drone

/ Delivery Drone #21  
We won't have to buy Clay Pigeons anymore. There will be plenty to shoot at. Can you imagine how many of these things there will be flying around any populated area? Takes Fallout to a whole new meaning.

/ Delivery Drone #22  
We won't have to buy Clay Pigeons anymore. There will be plenty to shoot at. Can you imagine how many of these things there will be flying around any populated area? Takes Fallout to a whole new meaning.

I'm envisioning the sky turning black they are so thick, like being invaded by aliens.....that will give the electric windmill haters something new to complain about.

/ Delivery Drone #23  
Not if you have "Amazon Prime"

Amazon Prime is a deal in which ones pays a certain amount of money to join. I think it's about $100. My wife joined last year.
What you get for that money is fast "free" shipping and "free" movies and TV shows on Amazon's equivalent to Netflicks.
It's actually not a bad deal if you do shop a lot on Amazon (which we do) and like to watch things on the TV (I'm not a big TV watcher, but I am watching "Fringe" on Amazon Prime...all five seasons.
Anyway, maybe I'll get a "free" drone out of this...

$79 a year..

/ Delivery Drone #24  
... It does seem inane in many situations to pay a driver $25 an hour plus fringe benefits to drive a 3 ton truck just to deliver a 5 pound parcel. Another part of the program I found interesting was where Bezos explained the reasoning for his minimal profit margin.

We had a Fed Ex deliver a package one Saturday. I forget what was delivered but it was part of a larger order and the product was out of stock and could not be shipped with everything else. Amazon shipped the product when it arrived at the warehouse. The product was only worth a couple of dollars so Amazon spent more money delivering the order than the order was worth.

The last numbers I saw said that Amazon was loosing $150,000,000 on Amazon Prime shipping and a similar amount on the Amazon Prime video streaming. Kindle Fires are priced such that Amazon is likely loosing money on the devices.

We use Amazon all of the time. It is simply easier and faster to order from Amazon than it is for us to drive and hour round trip to a store. It costs us about $10 to drive some place, an hour of drive time, plus time in the store. Given we are in Prime it usually is far faster to order on Amazon and get the products in two days than wait for us to have time to get to the store.

Later,
Dan

/ Delivery Drone #25  
I'm envisioning the sky turning black they are so thick, like being invaded by aliens.....that will give the electric windmill haters something new to complain about.

Maybe a remake of Hitchcock's The Birds would be good. The Drones. They are all networked, if one registers a hit, they swarm. :eek:

/ Delivery Drone #26  
I'm envisioning the sky turning black they are so thick, like being invaded by aliens.....that will give the electric windmill haters something new to complain about
Yup, sounds about right. I like the Birds comment also. The difference is, the Birds pecked you, these things could give you a real close shave!

/ Delivery Drone #27  
One, those motors and blades are weak enough not to maim and can be stopped with a hand.

Two, shrouds can always be, and prolly will be, added before full scale use. Shrouds also help lift and efficiency.

/ Delivery Drone #28  
   / Delivery Drone #29  
Much different blades than whats on those drones..

/ Delivery Drone #30  
Strange I could only find this in German. :)