Delta faucet help

/ Delta faucet help #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
So its been a project to get this dam delta faucet working right and it still isnt right.

So im throwing it out there.

I put a new delta faucet on the sink last fall. Pull out handle kind...

The issue is, it wont mix hot/cold right. You can take the knob off and turn the stupid little hot water limit switch left (more hot please) but there is virtually no range of "mixed" water.

with 30 deg of angle left and right for full hot to full cold. You would think that half way to the left (15 deg) would give me half warm water....

no so much.

infact there is only a tinny area right in the middle of the faucet that you can get something other than ice cold or HOT water out of. Even the tinnest moments to the right give you COLD water, and to the left give you HOT water.

Any plumbers out there? can you "adjust" the mixing mechanism? Something isnt right thats for shure.

/ Delta faucet help #2  
Most of the big fixture guys out there have a website that can be very helpful. I'm not a plumber and I did not stay in a Holliday In last night, but there might be a problem with your fixture or the mixing unit. good luck.

/ Delta faucet help #3  
Usually the problem is an obstruction in the line.

Verify you have good flow at the ends of the supply lines...

If you do... then the problem is the faucet.

Sometimes back flushing will work.

If hot is the problem... disconnect the line at the angle stop and let it hang in a bucket.

Turn on the water and move the selector from side to side while blocking the end of the faucet... the flow should be enough to flush out the faucet and line.

I've had no end to the problems with the new pressure/temp balancing faucets... they may be great in new construction... no so great in older homes in older neighborhoods.

/ Delta faucet help #4  
If'n you pull the cartridge you might find a couple of spring seals that are not working properly. Cost about four bucks for the repair kit. Make sure the new springs go on the right way.:D

/ Delta faucet help #5  
Delta makes a number of faucets a model number may help with getting the right answer.

/ Delta faucet help
I looked on the website... only help is generic help about how to tune your shower heads to the right temp and very little about the kitchen faucets.

Ill see if i can dig up a model number.

As for obstructions in the flow, i get good flow at full cold and full hot... just no "mixing" action of the water temp with handle positions inbetween full hot - full cold

/ Delta faucet help #7  
The cartridges will probably be almost the same. If you go to a parts supplier (not box store) you should find parts, diagrams and advice. At least I did.:thumbsup:

/ Delta faucet help #8  
Every manufacturer changes everything they make, every year. Kits are a waste of time, as is trying to fix these things. They all have support phone numbers that you have to call and give them the model number and maybe the serial number. Tell the person on the phone what is wrong and they will send you a new part.

In my experience with faucets, it will either work perfectly, or it wont. I wont wast five minutes on it if it's not working right and will wait until I get the new parts to do it again. What sucks is that I do this for a livng and I refuse to get final payment until everything works perfectly, so I'll be done with the job, but I have to wait for the new parts to arrive and then go back and install them, before I will ask for final payment.

Eddie

/ Delta faucet help #9  
Call delta. I call manufactures all the time. Most faucet stuff is guaranteed for life. Tell them the problem and they will send you a new part (most likely the mixer valve). Sometimes they FedEx the parts. :thumbsup:

I have called on faucets that are over ten years old and corroded, they send new replacement parts and sometime up grade everything. :D

EddieWalker said:
before I will ask for final payment.

No call backs...YUP

/ Delta faucet help #10  
I have always had good luck calling the manufacturer and they would send me the replacement parts free of charge. Good luck.