Dewalt grease gun leaking

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #1  

m7060

Tractor
Kubota M7060
I have a Dewalt 20v grease gun. does anyone else have trouble with grease leaking past the cartridge piston seal?

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #2  
I didn’t until recently, I’m using a different kind of grease plus it’s hotter, so that might make a difference.

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #3  
My case gets a little messy. I keep a layer of paper towels in it. The grease I have been getting has been arriving with the metal end bent so I attribute that to my trouble. I just got a new case of grease I haven't opened and the box looks very clean so I'm hoping these tubes aren't bent on the ends.

No leaks from the plunger yet. Just discovered the plunger is super easy to pull back if you do it AFTER you unscrew the tube, DOH!

Last edited:
   / Dewalt grease gun leaking #4  
I have a Dewalt 20v grease gun. does anyone else have trouble with grease leaking past the cartridge piston seal?
Yes. It seems to waste a good bit of grease under normal use and using the bleed screw to purge air. You’ll waste 1/4 of a tube if you lock handle and try to purge air with the handle.

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #5  
Yes mine leaks a little bit and then when you pull the handle back to change the tube it pukes it out and makes a mess.

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #6  
Yes. I called the warranty dept. They sent me a new plunger assembly. Problem solved till it happens again

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #7  
Unscrew the tube before you pull the rod back to refill. It is much easier and less likely to damage the plunger.

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #8  
Does anyone have a problem with the Dewalt grease gun leaking here (please see arrow in photo).
Any idea how to fix it?
grease gun - 1.jpeg

/ Dewalt grease gun leaking #10  
Does anyone have a problem with the Dewalt grease gun leaking here (please see arrow in photo).
Any idea how to fix it?
View attachment 791408
It's the pressure relief valve. Mine pumped a load out once when the zerk fitting was blocked. If it's leaking under normal use try getting on to dewalt as it likely faulty.