DeWalt nut buster, DCF900 $199+sh

/ DeWalt nut buster, DCF900 $199+sh #61  
A breaker bar, correct socket and some 'armstrong' power is a lot less expensive.

I need to replace about 100 track pad bolts. I’ll let you have at it with the breaker bar if you want. Better yet I’ll just sell all the equipment and use a shovel since it’s a lot cheaper.

/ DeWalt nut buster, DCF900 $199+sh #62  
Let's find a deal on the new one. That will take the brush hog blades off!!
My current DeWalt 60V Max will remove brush hog blades off my CX-15.
You don’t need the highest powered one to do it, but I’d suggest 1/2” and close to 1,000ft lb to make it easy.

/ DeWalt nut buster, DCF900 $199+sh #63  
I have the 20V Dewalt that is something like 1200ft lb for removal but if there is a bigger one I will sell mine and upgrade.
I have taken a bunch of brush hog blades off with it but when I am working on old/big Iron some extra power is always welcome and in my case, worth an upgrade. It seems a lot of stuff I get to "work on" is rather old and once it breaks I get to do the repairs which are years overdue and half the stuff is seized up. Heck, sometimes I would prefer to break the bolt just so I can get the stuff apart and replace the assembly quickly to get it back out of the shop. Lol

/ DeWalt nut buster, DCF900 $199+sh
Heck, sometimes I would prefer to break the bolt just so I can get the stuff apart and replace the assembly quickly to get it back out of the shop. Lol
But isn't it more difficult to drill out/ez-out a snapped off bolt?

/ DeWalt nut buster, DCF900 $199+sh #65  
Often times the whole gearbox is shot and they pretty much destroyed the blade. If I can just get it off we are replacing the box, blade, etc so I don't care. If I avoid using a torch I have no paint damage so snapping a bolt is sometimes beneficial.
The same goes for things like drawbars - if I break the bolt, I can get the bar off, straighten it, and just replace the old rust bolts in a few minutes.
Not something I want to do on Head bolts, final drives, etc :)