Diagnosing Engine Rattling/Tapping Noise

/ Diagnosing Engine Rattling/Tapping Noise #11  
Thanks for the ideas!

Yesterday, I got my listening setup ready and pulled the side panel off the engine before starting the engine up. When I did start... the engine did not make the bad rattling sound. It sounded smooth and normal. It warmed up and sounded normal all day. So I didn't get to listen for the rattling sound because it was gone or greatly diminished.

When the rattling sound was happening... it didn't sound like it was repeating perfectly with the revs of the engine. More like something (broken bolt/metal chunk?) that was randomly hit by the revs and thrown into the wall of a casing making the metallic hit sound a bit random.

Back when I had the fan belt off and spun the fan... it felt like only a very slight resistance when turned and there was a slight creak sound to the spin. Nothing that seemed like a major problem.

I will keep listening for the sound.

Thanks again.
Sounds great! But keep track of the sound. If it occurs again, a manual movement of major parts can help.
Wish the sound doesn't happen anymore.

/ Diagnosing Engine Rattling/Tapping Noise
Thanks for the ideas!

It's not the engine side panel as the noise was happening without it on the other day. When I ran the engine yesterday, the engine sounded good again. I will keep monitoring the issue.

Thanks again.