Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #21  
but I hope I've written that clearly enough so as not to be confusing?

Thank you , yes you have . The valving you have is able to work in the x+ Axis and not just + which only allows for 90* movement . I wonder why they put the + in the tin panel so you can't use this function ?

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #22  
Thank you , yes you have . The valving you have is able to work in the x+ Axis and not just + which only allows for 90* movement . I wonder why they put the + in the tin panel so you can't use this function ?

Probally for saftey. So the user can only do exact movements. Liability. :mad:

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #23  
This subframe is so rock solid that even the slightest movement of the backhoe is absorbed by the subframe. In other words, there is Zero play in it. And I mean absolutely ZERO play! And once the backhoe is up on it's stabilizer feet, it feels rock solid when digging.

Excellent. I know you were shooting for less play than with the Nardi's
subframe.

RE the LW-8 valves, I have heard a number of complaints. Compare/
contrast how they work with the Nardi valve: I heard they have no
load checks. Do they have any work port RV (shock-reliefs)? You have
already fixed the obvious limitation, the panel slots. If you can't
live with them, replacing the whole valve stack would not be too costly,
considering you got a great deal on the hoe.

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #24  

Probally for saftey. So the user can only do exact movements. Liability. :mad:

Sounds like something Pelosi and crew would come up with to protect you from yourself.

Good job getting rid of that silly gated plate. Gated shift plates are cool on Ferrari's; but useless on a backhoe.

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #25  
After that, I took the tractor out and started to dig a 60' long trench for the water and electrical lines for Loretta's garden shed. That's one of the projects we will be working on in the next few months.
Perfect timing... :D

[\quote]

Don't let him kid you... We were in the middle of the beginning of the garden shed project when he got the 'new' backhoe. He had already started to dig the trenches with the Nardi, but simply could not wait to get the new back hoe fixed up so he could try it out on something it could really get it's teeth into (pun totally intended).

So, now we can finally get back to the project.:licking:

(But I have to admit, this new hoe can really dig a cool ditch! He can even move the tractor with it, without getting out of his backhoe seat!!)

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #26  
Now that you have the bigger hoe, when does the thread on your pond begin? LMAO

Eddie

Gee, I would have thought Robbie would have (hmm... is that too many 'would have's?) started a thread on it already.

Well, we actually started our pond last year around this time, but we had to stop when the ground got rock hard. We did so well with our dam, that it held water before we wanted it to, so we had to dig a trench in the dam so the storm water could get out... so we wouldn't be digging in the middle of water:laughing:

I'm sure we'll be dividing our time between the garden shed project and the pond project now... although my garden shed has higher priority (in my mind, at least:p)

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #27  
After that, I took the tractor out and started to dig a 60' long trench for the water and electrical lines for Loretta's garden shed. That's one of the projects we will be working on in the next few months.
Perfect timing... :D

Don't let him kid you... We were in the middle of the beginning of the garden shed project when he got the 'new' backhoe. He had already started to dig the trenches with the Nardi, but simply could not wait to get the new back hoe fixed up so he could try it out on something it could really get it's teeth into (pun totally intended).

So, now we can finally get back to the project.:licking:

(But I have to admit, this new hoe can really dig a cool ditch! He can even move the tractor with it, without getting out of his backhoe seat!!)

Uh Oh, you're being tattled on Rob.:laughing:

Good to see you posting Loretta.:thumbsup:

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe #28  
Now that you have the bigger hoe, when does the thread on your pond begin? LMAO

Eddie

Gee, I would have thought Robbie would have (hmm... is that too many 'would have's?) started a thread on it already.

Well, we actually started our pond last year around this time, but we had to stop when the ground got rock hard. We did so well with our dam, that it held water before we wanted it to, so we had to dig a trench in the dam so the storm water could get out... so we wouldn't be digging in the middle of water:laughing:

I'm sure we'll be dividing our time between the garden shed project and the pond project now... although my garden shed has higher priority (in my mind, at least:p)

I was supprised he hadn't started a thread on it as well. I've been wondering how it was going. Thanks for the update. I assume that this means you'll see to it that we have something to read soon?:thumbsup::laughing:

Also, while we're on the subject of updates, how is the solar power system holding up now that you have some time on it?

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe

Scott is possibly right in his reply?
Other than that, I don't know why. It works just fine when using simultaneous movements now.
Other than the valve is rather "rough" compared to the super smooth Italian Nardi backhoe valve. But nevertheless, I like the LW-8 and as you saw the trench, I'm getting used to it and it has a lot of power.

/ Diamond Shape Sub-Frame for LW-8 Backhoe
Excellent. I know you were shooting for less play than with the Nardi's
subframe.

RE the LW-8 valves, I have heard a number of complaints. Compare/
contrast how they work with the Nardi valve: I heard they have no
load checks. Do they have any work port RV (shock-reliefs)? You have
already fixed the obvious limitation, the panel slots. If you can't
live with them, replacing the whole valve stack would not be too costly,
considering you got a great deal on the hoe.

The valve is the stock Jinma Backhoe valve (I believe).
It's not nearly as smooth or nice as the one on the Nardi. But since I made that change to allow all movements, I've gotten used to it. Need a little more time in the saddle, but I don't think I'll be changing out soon. I have not checked the valve out completely yet, so I don't know about the load checks yet. I plan on installing a pressure gauge on it soon though. I want to be sure the working psi is where it should be.

In fact, the Chinese hoe is like their tractors, lacking in fit and finish but the basic concept is good. The Nardi is a top quality hoe in comparison. And even though there is a lot more "flex" in the LW-8, it is still robust enough to do the job. When I swing the boom around, the dipper stick jiggles a little. The Nardi is solid. It also has a hydraulic filter (not suction strainer) and the LW-8 has nothing ... not even a suction strainer. It does have a lot of power though.