Did a little hay last week ...

/ Did a little hay last week ...
Well that nice. Was that just yesterday? If so sure shows you got the needed moisture ... sure wish I had some to cut!! Those gopher mounds are tough on a set of blades. The only advise I've got is ... gopher plow!!!

/ Did a little hay last week ... #472  
Well that nice. Was that just yesterday? If so sure shows you got the needed moisture ... sure wish I had some to cut!! Those gopher mounds are tough on a set of blades. The only advise I've got is ... gopher plow!!!

I cut most of the 30+acres around the house friday and this was saturday finishing up some small spots. We got 10inches the other week and had some in forecast but I cut anyways and it missed us,now it wont cure out. This is the little pasture I put the SAE Minerals on,I am going to try it on some different spots next year.

/ Did a little hay last week ... #473  
that was a nice vid.you could tell whenen the cutter hitt the gopher holes.

/ Did a little hay last week ... #474  
that was a nice vid.you could tell whenen the cutter hitt the gopher holes.

You sure can hear it in cab when you hit one,keeps the windows dusty. I usually get my cuts straighten back out when I go around a tree but I figured for video just going straight wouldnt have been to good so just went with it,and my corners was going to slow to really hit the foot brake so again just went with it,also the wife had the dodge parked right in that corner. Well I just figured a short video would be something different than are usual pictures,I may try and get some video of baling tomorrow,will see if the wifes around.....

/ Did a little hay last week ... #475  
yeah dont want to hitt the dodge with the tractor.

/ Did a little hay last week ...
Very Nice video's ... Are you enjoying that baler?

/ Did a little hay last week ... #479  
Very Nice video's ... Are you enjoying that baler?
Yeah I like the net.wrap alot better,when im using string its just feels like forever now. I was saving what net I have left for the neighbors 20acres he asked if I would do it as a favor and he helps us out alot also with his D6 dozer so its not a big deal to help him out. I have one more place that were I have my heifers in dew,his brother-in-law just gave me his hay meadow (around20acres)said go ahead and cut and keep the hay,so I gladly accepted,he sold out and got one cutting off it early this year guess just dont wont to fool with anything anymore,works for me(I sprayed it while I was spraying my lease place and only charged him for chemical)...
I think I made the right choice going with the REBEL 5410,great baler and didnt cost me an arm and leg,more than pull its weight around here...