Did something Today....

/ Did something Today.... #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
...I would not think that I would ever do! After washing the dirt/grease off the 6 month old L2501...I waxed it! Not just any wax but Mcguires Gold that I use on the '66 mustang. :ashamed: That stuff got pine tree sap and other stuff off, from pushing down a trail that was covered with those small pines. :D I don't know what is in those little pine needles, but it sure makes a mess on a tractor hood.

/ Did something Today.... #2  
Nothing wrong with a little spit and polish! Things just seem to work better when they're all clean and sparkly! Our mustangs went into hibernation yesterday, hope it's a short winter!

/ Did something Today.... #3  
I've used lemon oil furniture polish on my Mahindra - including under the hood. After 10 years the results have been fantastic. The tractor smiles at me whenever I walk by.

/ Did something Today.... #5  
could be some sort of madness!

I noticed a long time ago though, that snow slides out of a waxed bucket a lot easier. When I take the mower off for the winter, I will normally wax the inside of the bucket real good, and sometimes get the rest of the tractor, and yes, I also use the Meguiars gold that I use on the truck, carnuba just seems to have a magic to it!

However, if you are resistant to waxing a tractor due to religious reasons, you can achieve excellent results by spraying the bucket with Pam, or WD-40 before you plow snow. I find the Pam works a bit better than the WD-40.

George

/ Did something Today.... #6  
I have to wash the tractor after coming out of the field. Its gets that Carolina red clay mud chocked up everywhere. Then when it dries it drops onto the concrete floor of the garage where I have to sweep it up. As far as polish, I have been known to shoot some armor all on it when I am yakking with the neighbor. Seems to signal the end of the round.

/ Did something Today....
I have to wash the tractor after coming out of the field. Its gets that Carolina red clay mud chocked up everywhere. Then when it dries it drops onto the concrete floor of the garage where I have to sweep it up. As far as polish, I have been known to shoot some armor all on it when I am yakking with the neighbor. Seems to signal the end of the round.

Oh Lordy, I forgot about that episode. When I first got the tractor, I got into some mud plowing the garden. Well, I parked where the red head usually parks. Of course some mud dropped off the lugs and the next time she parked there, she was like "What is This"? Power washer took care of it when she was gone the net day. :D Moral of the story is don't park muddy tractor where the wife usually parks! And, if you do...it's best not to try and get "frisky" later that night....nope, ain't gonna happen....she says. :(

/ Did something Today.... #8  
So today was a busy day. Had to get my packages shipped, run a bunch of errands, get the shop cleaned up, take care of the kid who was ill and home from school, deal with customers, plus try to get some work done on the retaining wall project and deal with the results of my own stupidity when I forgot to put the tilt pin back in the trailer and drove off with a flopping trailer. Bent the tongue tilter bracket. Limped back home. Applied sledge hammer to the bracket, applied my head to the underframe of the trailer. Made it to the quarry for another load of stone before closing. Got everything done, repaired, cleaned up and put away. Then the wife comes home, stands in the driveway listening to me run through the list of things I got done, damaged, repaired and accomplished. She looks down, sees a thin line of dust left by the trailer as I effected emergency repairs, and says "you left a mess, is dinner ready?"

/ Did something Today.... #9  
So today was a busy day. Had to get my packages shipped, run a bunch of errands, get the shop cleaned up, take care of the kid who was ill and home from school, deal with customers, plus try to get some work done on the retaining wall project and deal with the results of my own stupidity when I forgot to put the tilt pin back in the trailer and drove off with a flopping trailer. Bent the tongue tilter bracket. Limped back home. Applied sledge hammer to the bracket, applied my head to the underframe of the trailer. Made it to the quarry for another load of stone before closing. Got everything done, repaired, cleaned up and put away. Then the wife comes home, stands in the driveway listening to me run through the list of things I got done, damaged, repaired and accomplished. She looks down, sees a thin line of dust left by the trailer as I effected emergency repairs, and says "you left a mess, is dinner ready?"
Wow...if I did none of the above except only left a little dirt in the drive she'd be ecstatic and ask what I wanted for dinner. She's happy if there's enough room in the drive for her to park. If not it's understood I will make room and mover her car into the drive before I'm done for the day.

/ Did something Today.... #10  
Wow...if I did none of the above except only left a little dirt in the drive she'd be ecstatic and ask what I wanted for dinner. She's happy if there's enough room in the drive for her to park. If not it's understood I will make room and mover her car into the drive before I'm done for the day.

It's my own doing, 36 years of setting, meeting and exceeding high expectations.

We had dinner with a foreign couple several years back, here for a visit. When we praised the wife on the wonderful dinner she had prepared, the husband leaned over to us and said, in all seriousness, "please do not complement my wife, she will cease to strive".