Diesel Aid - Any member using this additive?

/ Diesel Aid - Any member using this additive? #1  

creekbend

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
Two days ago, I dropped by my Kubota Dealer for a few supplies. The manager of the Parts Dept. showed me a bottle of "Diesel Aid" and highly recommended this product. I had never heard of this additive until then. Are any of you currently using this product? I would greatly appreciate any comments. Thanks. BTW, I picked up an 8 ounce bottle. The cost was $8.95 + tax. Diesel Aid: Diesel Fuel Treatment - E-Zoil Products, Inc.

/ Diesel Aid - Any member using this additive? #2  
He highly recommends it because he makes money selling it. Some salesman sold him on it and now he has to move it off the shelves.

/ Diesel Aid - Any member using this additive? #3  
Here's the MSDS for it. http://www.ezoil.com/MSDS/DIESEL_AID_MSDS.pdf

SECTION 3: COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS

COMPONENTS
2 butoxyethanol, etheylene glycol monobutyl ether

From ATSDR - ToxFAQs? 2-Butoxyethanol
2-Butoxyethanol is a clear colorless liquid that smells like ether. It has many names including ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, ethylene glycol butyl ether, ethylene glycol n-butyl ether, Butyl Cellusolve, butyl glycol, and butyl Oxitol. It is used as a solvent in spray lacquers, enamels, varnishes, and latex paints and as an ingredient in paint thinners and strippers, varnish removers, and herbicides. It is also used in liquid soaps, cosmetics, industrial and household cleaners, and dry-cleaning compounds.

From Ethylene Glycol Butyl Ether
Ethylene glycol butyl ether (EGBE) is a type of glycol ether and remains the single most widely produced glycol ether.1 It is primarily used as a solvent.2 It evaporates quickly and is completely soluble in water.3 Dow sells EGBE under the trade name Butyl CELLOSOLVE solvent

Butyl CELLOSOLVE solvent is used in coatings and cleaner applications, including many in consumer markets. Butyl CELLOSOLVE solvent is used for:

* Active solvent for solvent-based coatings
* Coalescent for industrial water-based coatings
* Coupling agent for architectural water-borne coatings
* Coupling agent and solvent in household and industrial cleaners, rust removers, hard surface cleaners and disinfectants
* Primary solvent in solvent-based silk screen printing inks
* Coupling agent for resins and dyes in water-based printing inks
* Solvent for agricultural pesticides

/ Diesel Aid - Any member using this additive?
   / Diesel Aid - Any member using this additive? #5  
Two days ago, I dropped by my Kubota Dealer for a few supplies. The manager of the Parts Dept. showed me a bottle of "Diesel Aid" and highly recommended this product. I had never heard of this additive until then. Are any of you currently using this product? I would greatly appreciate any comments. Thanks. BTW, I picked up an 8 ounce bottle. The cost was $8.95 + tax. Diesel Aid: Diesel Fuel Treatment - E-Zoil Products, Inc.

Pull a before and after UOA and then show me how it works..Many dealers have no clue too. They pimp what they get for free or reduce contracts.