diesel in oil kubota b20

/ diesel in oil kubota b20
i have bin wrong b4 .but the first time it was definitely diesel .this time i am not so sure .The oil is not as broke down as the last time bcus i was watching for it win it happened .I gonna do an oil sample monday .i have had a leak from the front drive shaft .

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #12  
ez way to tell is to see if you have a sump LOW, when the crankcase is HIGH.

soundguy

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #13  
A friend of mine had a cracked injector that leaked fuel into that cylinder.

My neighbor had the fuel pump on his JD leak diesel into the oil.

So, I'd suspect the unchecked injectors. You said you replaced the fuel pump.

One possible leak point on older Benzes was their vacuum pumps. Don't think tractors have these though.

well ill sea what they say about injectors .put it back together take an oil sample have it analized .drain oil and change and try it again and keep an i on oil level and sea what happens . does any one know the proses to check comp

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #15  
No way that engine is making oil from an injector. These motors use old school pencil type nozzles. Only when the injectors are under the valve cover do they make oil. It is common in trucks. We put dye in the fuel and use a florecent light to find the bad injector. Even if a nozzle goes bad and just dribbles fuel instead of injecting it into the cylinder they just smoke and miss. Not filling the crankcase up. If you wanted to check compression, take the glow plugs out and screw the correct adapter in with a gauge of 350-500 range. The injection pump can make oil at the seal where it is driven by the gear train. Since you are having the pump rebuilt it will have new seals. DiamondPilot is right, are you sure it is not hydraulic oil contamination? Check the hyd. fluid level. Is the hyd. pump mounted to the engine on your tractor? On my kubota it is driven by a small diameter shaft from back of engine to the transmission. I have seen mated hyd. pumps on heavy equipment fill the engine with oil. Hope that helps.

perhaps i am wrong .after further inspection i believe it hydro in my oil .Injector pump was retested and still nothing but some wear. no leakage so i inspected hydro dip stick and completly empty i believe it to b the front pump seal but i have not tor in to her . I believe the diesel smell was left over diesel win i flushed hydro with diesel to flush system .and believe diesel to have damaged some sills thank you all for advice

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #17  
I doubt diesel damaged any seals in the hydro pump.

blown pump shaft seals are quite common.. especially if pressure loads occur that the relief doesn't take care of.. or .. sometimes just because.

over in the chineese tractor forum, blown pump shaft seals are quite common to read about as jinma thinks it neat to put quick disconnects after the pump, before the relief valve. what a failure of a design from the start!!! I doubt they could have designed it any more backwards if they had tried.. ideally, the relief valve is in a position to relieve the output of the pump with no diversions inbetween that can deadhead the pump. ( how's your setup plumbed.. just curious?

soundguy

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #18  
There is no need to send out oil for analysis to determine if it has fuel in it.

Get a WHITE paper towel and place it on a flat surface where it can stay for a few minutes. Pull the dipstick from the crankcase and deposit a large "drop" of oil onto the paper towel. Leave it to soak in, 3-5 minutes is normally enough.

If you have a "golden" ring around the black/darker central oil spot, you have diesel in the fuel in enough of a quantity to worry about. If your fuel is untaxed dyed red fuel, the ring will be more toward the reddish or possibally orangish color.

Simple, fast and effective.

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #19  
I had a similar problem with my John Deere 830 (3 cylinder diesel). I rebuilt the fuel lift pump, still leaked. Thought it might have been bad rings, but didn't check them out.

I did remove the injector pump. Had new seals put on the shaft for about $75. It's not rebuilding the pump, but just putting on new seals. It solved my problem. No more diesel in the oil.

ok its not diesel it is hydro oil .Injector pump fresh rebuild the tractor runs great but still same thing .I changed all fluids oil ,hydro new filters .and still making oil So the next step is to find wick oil seal is leaking I have pulled pump from left side of motor and a piece of the shaft was broke off but it was still in side so i have removed it the pump deffinatly needs rebuilt or new b cus of broken shaft but can i pressure test pump to determen if oil seal is bad .is there any other place hydro comes in contact with motor oil