Diesel injector and pump

/ Diesel injector and pump #1  

BertZegers

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2900, Zetor 8011, Kubota KX41Excavator, John Deere 4400 Combine, Case 1816C skidsteer
Something I am wondering about for some time.

I am wondering what the relationship is between injector opening pressure (pop pressure) and pump timing.
If the injector opening pressure gets lower, and the pump timing stays the same, would the diesel be injected earlier, and cause a timing problem?

/ Diesel injector and pump
YES. it does effect the timing..

I want to make a high pressure line to test Roosa Master injectors from a John Deere 329DH engine. Does some one know what the thread is on Roosa Master injectors?
The lines I have are metric, and go on just a few threads.

/ Diesel injector and pump #4  
If they're pencil injectors.?? Its best to BUY a line from the engine.. u know the 1 that connects the pump to the injector & swap the end that connects to the pump.
Some well placed heat from an oxy torch will melt the "solder".. & u can cut the line to the length of your liking.. Then swap out the nut & ferrule to fit your pop tester.

/ Diesel injector and pump #5  
A fuel inj line from any JD 20-55 utility tractor should fit within thepumpguysc line recommendation. there were many tractors/implements powered by a JD 300 series engine.

/ Diesel injector and pump #6  
Need to remember the length of the line is also a factor in the timing. All injector lines are the same length unless the fuel is metered at the injector.