Difference between Hydro Shuttle and Power Shuttle

/ Difference between Hydro Shuttle and Power Shuttle #11  
The KIOTI Tractors, Hydro-Shuttle and Power Shuttle are 2 different transmissions. The Hydro-Shuttle is a mechanical clutch shuttle transmission based on 2 hydraulic clutch packs actuated by an electric-over-hydraulic solenoid valves that open and close the forward and reverse clutch packs. The Power Shuttle transmission uses a Power Shuttle Controller to monitor fluid pressure, ground speed, and temperature to control the electric-over-hydraulic shuttle valves and clutch packs. They operate in similar ways for shuttling the transmissions from forward to reverse, you can shuttle without using the clutch. The Power Shuttle transmission monitors the tractor conditions to control the shuttle. For example, in the hydro-shuttle, if you were travelling 5 mph and shuttled the transmission for forward to reverse, the hydraulic clutch packs would attempt to perform the shuttle, and possibly damage the clutch packs. With the Power Shuttle Transmission, if you shuttle at 5mph, the tractor senses the ground speed, slows the tractor down to a safe shuttle speed, then shuttles the transmission. The hydro-shuttle transmission has a mechanical clutch pedal, the power shuttle has the electric-over-hydraulic clutch.

Hope this helps
Excellent info Bob..

/ Difference between Hydro Shuttle and Power Shuttle #12  
The KIOTI Tractors, Hydro-Shuttle and Power Shuttle are 2 different transmissions. The Hydro-Shuttle is a mechanical clutch shuttle transmission based on 2 hydraulic clutch packs actuated by an electric-over-hydraulic solenoid valves that open and close the forward and reverse clutch packs. The Power Shuttle transmission uses a Power Shuttle Controller to monitor fluid pressure, ground speed, and temperature to control the electric-over-hydraulic shuttle valves and clutch packs. They operate in similar ways for shuttling the transmissions from forward to reverse, you can shuttle without using the clutch. The Power Shuttle transmission monitors the tractor conditions to control the shuttle. For example, in the hydro-shuttle, if you were travelling 5 mph and shuttled the transmission for forward to reverse, the hydraulic clutch packs would attempt to perform the shuttle, and possibly damage the clutch packs. With the Power Shuttle Transmission, if you shuttle at 5mph, the tractor senses the ground speed, slows the tractor down to a safe shuttle speed, then shuttles the transmission. The hydro-shuttle transmission has a mechanical clutch pedal, the power shuttle has the electric-over-hydraulic clutch.

Hope this helps

Thanks Bob! It's great to get a detailed explanation from someone who knows and understands. For whatever reason Kioti itself is not good about explaining these things.

My former DK40SE HST is hopefully living a happy and fulfilling life with the new owners of our old farm. As you can see I have just acquired a DK5010HS up here in da yoop. I'm far away from Morrice now, but take it as an endorsement of MIE's service (and the tractor itself) for my first Kioti that I bought another one!

/ Difference between Hydro Shuttle and Power Shuttle #13  
So with the power shuttle, do you need to press the clutch to change gears, i.e from 2 to 3rd? Is there a physical clutch pedal on the power shuttle? Never sat in one so really don't know.

/ Difference between Hydro Shuttle and Power Shuttle #14  
So with the power shuttle, do you need to press the clutch to change gears, i.e from 2 to 3rd? Is there a physical clutch pedal on the power shuttle? Never sat in one so really don't know.
With a power shuttle, you can either press the clutch pedal to change gears (1 to 4th) on the move or they usually put a clutch button on the gear shifter it self so you don't have to press the clutch pedal. Just push the button, change gear and release.

/ Difference between Hydro Shuttle and Power Shuttle #15  
Thanks PTSG. I always wondered how that worked.

/ Difference between Hydro Shuttle and Power Shuttle #16  
My Branson 8050 has a Power Shuttle;
it has a "clutch" pedal which simply moves a potentiometer it has no connection to a physical clutch. It has a forward and a reverse wet clutch pack in the transmission. The clutch sends a signal to release both clutch packs and allows for range selection (non synchronized) or gear selection (synchronized). Under my steering wheel is my forward-nuetral-reverse lever, it can be moved with the tractor in motion and will stop travel and change direction. That said I normally will bring the lever to nuetral, brake to a stop then select the other direction. I would rather put the wear on the brake disks to stop then the clutch disks.

My NH 8160 has a semi-power shift transmission with a steering column mounted reverser;
I have 6 speeds in 3 ranges in forward and 6 speeds in reverse the gears are selected via two push buttons one for up shifts and one for down shifts both for the gears and ranges in forward for 18 speeds forward, it only uses B range in reverse and the six gears. It also has just a potentiometer attached to the clutch pedal and can be driven without ever touching the clutch pedal.
I tend to use the clutch pedal for range shifts even though it's not required, I also use the tractors brakes to stop my travel motion before changing direction for the same reason.

On the farm we have several different types of transmissions, some straight gear types, some semi or partial power shift, some full power shift, some full power shift with reverser levers.

No CVT's yet and no hydrostatics since the old IH 656 went out the second time.