Differential Lock Pedal

/ Differential Lock Pedal #11  
Thanks for the update. I will try the tapping method.

What you are describing is normal and proper for a 2615/2816. It's a cog sort of deal, three notches I think. Not s synchro set-up like a gear in the trans. Feels a little disconnected, but it works just fine.

/ Differential Lock Pedal #12  
Well went out and bush hogged a few acres this evening with my 2516 and wouldn't you know it the DIFF LOCK worked. It helps to press depress press depress and let off the clutch and then both wheels locked fine.

/ Differential Lock Pedal #13  
I have a gc2400 and the Diff pedal is not very firm or positive. It works but it is not a definitive in/out. I was pulling logs on some wet ground and it does it's job so I am ok with it.

On the other hand my forward pedal is very stiff and the rubber boots always come off (I replaced them with non-skid tape directly on the metal).

The worst is the parking brake, that is a true design flaw. Mine clicks out of lock very easily and there are some horror stories n this board about runaway tractors due to this issue.

Otherwise I love my GC

/ Differential Lock Pedal #14  
Sorry everyone, I just noticed i was posting in the wrong board.

Mahindra, Massey, Tomato, Tamato....

/ Differential Lock Pedal #15  
LOL no problem. I just noticed I clicked Massey instead of Mahindra right before I read your post HAHAHA.

/ Differential Lock Pedal #16  
Sorry everyone, I just noticed i was posting in the wrong board.

Mahindra, Massey, Tomato, Tamato....

I like the sense of humor, you are welcome in the Mahindra area any time! Almost the same shade of red anyway.

/ Differential Lock Pedal #17  
I know the manual, and with talking maybe even to DavesTractor on here I've been told/read not to hold the pedal down while the wheels are turning. I don't understand how the "whatever" will seat into the cog unless it falls into one of the slots, which to me would best be done by holding the pedal down till it falls in.....????

/ Differential Lock Pedal #18  
I know the manual, and with talking maybe even to DavesTractor on here I've been told/read not to hold the pedal down while the wheels are turning. I don't understand how the "whatever" will seat into the cog unless it falls into one of the slots, which to me would best be done by holding the pedal down till it falls in.....????

While the rear drive wheel is turning, you have to keep pressure on the pedal until the lock engages, then release. It should take only a few seconds at most.

/ Differential Lock Pedal #19  
While the rear drive wheel is turning, you have to keep pressure on the pedal until the lock engages, then release. It should take only a few seconds at most.

You are correct, but we recommend that the driver let the wheels stop spinning, then press the diff pedal and hold it as they let the clutch out (or press the forward pedal on an HST), holding it down until it engages. We are trying to avoid a high speed spin type of engagement.

/ Differential Lock Pedal #20  
If I become stuck, I will wait till my wheels stop spinning, push down the differential lever with my heel and hold it there as I press on my hst pedal to move the tractor out of trouble. I can feel with my heel as it engages. Once out of trouble, I stop the tractor and then release my heel off the differential lever. I usually use my heel then to nudge the lever up to make sure it's disengaged.:thumbsup: This is easily done with the hst pedals being on the right and the differential lever on the left. Where is the differential lever for you guys with gear tractors with the clutch on the left?

Last edited: