difficult roads, and mechanical concrete,

/ difficult roads, and mechanical concrete, #1  

BHD

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4020
was looking for tire retaining walls,

and came across this called mechanical concrete, where old tires with the side walls are removed and rock filled,
it looked like a possible idea for some of you with problem roads and long drive ways that are hard to maintain,

Mechanical Concrete(R) Pothole Terminator

Just thought it was interesting and thought some of you guys with difficult roads could use some of the ideas from it,

/ difficult roads, and mechanical concrete,
another video on the system, basically it is old tires with out the side walls and crushed rock,

what do you guys think of this idea?

/ difficult roads, and mechanical concrete, #6  
Looks good. Would work well. Usually the tires are bolted together. The idea has been around for years.

Unfortunately it does not fit in the realm of sanctioned tire disposal uses.

/ difficult roads, and mechanical concrete, #7  
Looks good. Would work well. Usually the tires are bolted together. The idea has been around for years.

Unfortunately it does not fit in the realm of sanctioned tire disposal uses.

Nothing fits in to realm of reuse/recycle... Local landfill wants each different type of plastic separated according to type... What?... It's not worth the effort especially if they are not paying you for it....... My answer to that is melt it all down into a brick and toss it in general garbage..... 500 years from now some archaeologist will find it and wonder what it is....

Dale

I see post after post of someone asking how do I get rid of these rutts in my road, and what I was trying to do is show a possible idea on how to support the roadway, with waste product, that is free in most instances,

if it "recycles" tires then great, but the purpose of this post was not on how to recycle tires,

I have a slope that washes out, I think I will give this idea a try,

/ difficult roads, and mechanical concrete, #9  
How would a guy cut out the sidewalls? Do you only cut out one side to facilitate filling with stone? What is the advantage over gabions? (sp?) (Wire crates).

/ difficult roads, and mechanical concrete, #10  
I see post after post of someone asking how do I get rid of these rutts in my road, and what I was trying to do is show a possible idea on how to support the roadway, with waste product, that is free in most instances,

if it "recycles" tires then great, but the purpose of this post was not on how to recycle tires,

I have a slope that washes out, I think I will give this idea a try,

Old tires are considered a hazardous waste product. They legally can’t be used for the purpose stated.