Digging with Bobcat S150

/ Digging with Bobcat S150 #1  

TimberHole

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD9504WD w/ 75 Loader, JD345, Bobcat S150
I have a Bobcat S150. I just put a set of over the tire steel tracks on it. I have some bottom ground with dikes and thought the tracks would make it a reasonably capable machine in the bottoms. I need to repair some small dikes damaged from flooding. Is this machine capable of digging if I get a tooth bucket? Right now I only have a smooth bucket and it痴 not good for anything except skinning off a bit of vegetation. I probably do not need to keep this machine if it won稚 do this repair work.

/ Digging with Bobcat S150 #2  
Yes a tooth bucket will help considerably, nothing like a heavier wheeled or tracked machine will but the S150 will certainly get a good amount of work done with a tooth bucket.

/ Digging with Bobcat S150 #3  
The toothed bucket works good in the clay here:

P3180020 Bkt c.jpg
P3200021.JPG
P3200023.JPG

/ Digging with Bobcat S150 #4  
No but I've buried a horse with my LS tractor FEL.
Does that count? LOL
Remembering the encounter with my neighbor in melt down mode.
Things that people with tractor get ourselves in to that have no back door.
Just dig the hole.
The deeper the hole the longer the ramp.
Pretty simple in north Florida sand/Gray sticky clay.

/ Digging with Bobcat S150
Update: I figured out my bucket was the original Bobcat bucket and has holes for teeth. I bought teeth from Bobcat. With the steel tracks and teeth I can fill the bucket with that hard clay. I made a couple of dike repairs yesterday. Very impressed with this setup and I think it will do everything I need it to.

/ Digging with Bobcat S150 #6  
Glad you figured it out. :thumbsup: I should have mentioned I bought the teeth from a Bobcat dealer and bolted them on the bucket.