Digg'n out my small pond...

/ Digg'n out my small pond... #1  

Volfandt

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856
Digg\'n out my small pond...

Greetings,
We haven't much of any rain to speak about over the last month and ole snapper pond has just about dried up. This ole pond sit's over a wet weather spring and it's been in this same spot in different sizes for well over 70 years. In the 16 yrs I've been here this is only the 3 time that it's dried up. I rented one of those Terra-Mites 4 yrs ago to dig it out the last time but with my handy dandy BX23, all I had to do was wait til it got just hard enough to venture out in it to dig.

I had about 6 hrs in it then all of sudden the heavens loosed the rain. The rain didn't run me off tho as it felt pretty good on this 90+ degree day, it was all that thunder & lightning carrying on all around me /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

This shot is whats left of the water. Since I've fully fenced the perimeter, I wonder where the rather large snapper got off to?

Attachments

• 713658-n the pond 002.jpg
    713658-n the pond 002.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 831
   / Digg'n out my small pond...
Re: Digg\'n out my small pond...

Yours truely haveing fun, err ahhh, I mean working like a dog. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 713659-n the pond 003.jpg
    713659-n the pond 003.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 679

My younger bro stopped by and decided he show me how to work the BH. He needs to practice more before he try's me again /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 713660-n the pond 001.jpg
    713660-n the pond 001.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 641

The little BX23 is a stout machine as evidenced by the load it can carry /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The end.

Attachments

• 713661-n the pond 004.jpg
    713661-n the pond 004.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 657
   / Digg'n out my small pond... #5  

Looks like a fun day!

Egon

/ Digg'n out my small pond... #6  

That's what I did all day too. It took 2 days to dig out the
tree stump that grew in the middle of the pond. It's too dark to take a picture now. Maybe tomorrow.

BTW, I find digging the pond to work much better with the
MMM removed...

/ Digg'n out my small pond... #7  

Here's what I caught while fishing in my pond yesterday...

Attachments

• 714051-root.jpg
    714051-root.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 534

Looks like your helper likes to get into pics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BTW, I find digging the pond to work much better with the
MMM removed...
)</font>
I suppose your right, altho it didn't get in the way at all. Didn't even know it was there...

The storm that ran me off when I was about 1/2 done has left a couple puddles in the low spots. It'll be too soft to go back into it now so I'll have to work outside in to finish it up.

Volfandt

/ Digg'n out my small pond... #9  

You caught a Golden Retriever?????????????

Love those dogs! Ours is almost 15 yrs old and still gets around.

Ron

/ Digg'n out my small pond... #10  

Yep, she's a great dog. Follows me everywhere. When I start the Kubota she gets a big grin on her face. It's probably because she knows she's going to be outside for a while, but I like to think that she likes my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif