Disc too big?

/ Disc too big? #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
I am looking at a used 5' disc for my Yanmar 180D, 18hp which weighs 1700 lbs. Is a 5 footer too big?

/ Disc too big? #2  
It might be too much. Any way you can test it out before you buy? A local place here that sells implements will let me bring my tractor in and try them on a vacant lot to make sure it can handle them.

/ Disc too big?
It's a private party deal. Haven't been able to talk to them yet; just saw their ad, so I don't know what kind/size of tractor they have been using.

/ Disc too big? #4  
<font color="blue"> I am looking at a used 5' disc for my Yanmar 180D, 18hp which weighs 1700 lbs. Is a 5 footer too big? </font>

Hey Pilot,

First look in your owners manual, to see what is the maximum lift on your 3ph. Then determine the weight of the disk.

I try to cover my tire tracks and am satisfied, if I can do that. If the 5 footer is a light duty disk, then maybe, but again, I would measure the outside width of your tires, and see if you really need a disk quiet that big.

I saw one on Ebay, that seemed like it would be a nice fit for my 20hp 4X4. It was a 4 1/2 footer, with 16/12" blades. It was too far away from me though, but the price is right. I think that it was a King Kutter.

Get your tractors running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif