Disconnecting 553 hydraulic quick couplers

/ Disconnecting 553 hydraulic quick couplers #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
I have never disconnected my hydraulic hoses from the SCV box to remove FEL. Can someone describe the movements? Do you pull back on the black tab while simultaneously pushing in on hose? And reverse that for re-connect? If there is any trick to make it sure-fire I would like to know. Thanks in advance

/ Disconnecting 553 hydraulic quick couplers #2  
First relieve the hydraulic system pressure by shutting off tractor, moving joystick or SCV levers in all directions.
Push the outer ring on the female coupler towards the valve (away from the hose), it may have a black plastic tab to make this easier, and pull out the hose. Hose may even pop out on its own when you push back the outer ring on the female coupler.

/ Disconnecting 553 hydraulic quick couplers
Ok. I had it backwards. Push black tab to release. Then to reattach, push tab towards tractor and insert . Release tab and verify it connected by pulling on hose.
Thanks

/ Disconnecting 553 hydraulic quick couplers #4  
First relieve the hydraulic system pressure by shutting off tractor, moving joystick or SCV levers in all directions.

Make sure you do this very important step, too! Otherwise, make sure you have a lot of Hi-Dri available! :D