Discontinued Sub Compact Mahindra

/ Discontinued Sub Compact Mahindra #1  

confederatemule

Silver Member
Has the eMax 22 L, eMax 25 L, and Max 25 XL been discontinued for 2023?

/ Discontinued Sub Compact Mahindra
My reason for this post is because the dealer closest to me told me that Mahindra has discontinued those units.
They still make the eMax 20S and the Max 26XLT.

/ Discontinued Sub Compact Mahindra #4  
If you like those models, they are TYM made. I think the 22L and 25L are basically T254s with different engines.

I am searching for a sub compact tractor with a front loader with skid steer quick attach, belly mower, and back hoe. I have a Kubota BX2200 that I use to mow my yard. I want to keep this same approximate size machine.
The only dealerships within an hours drive from me are John Deere, Mahindra, New Holland, and Kubota. I can't justify driving any further to get what I want.

Last edited:
   / Discontinued Sub Compact Mahindra #6  
I just put in an order on a 55 HP TYM. I said the same thing initially. Another poster here got me to look at a dealer 80 miles away. I doubted all the way to the bank. The prices and features are so much better than you will get with any of your close by dealers, I would consider expanding your radius a bit.

Yes, tacticalturnip, I know.

/ Discontinued Sub Compact Mahindra #9  
The eMax 20S, that I own, is limited. If you order it with a backhoe, you can't get a belly mower. The backhoe requires factory reinforcements of the frame (aftermarket backhoes will snap the tractor in half, in front of the driver's seat, eventually). If I had ordered one with a front snow blower, that would have been the only option it could handle, as well, due to belly PTO configurations.

Is that applicable to the eMax 22/25? I don't know, but I would discuss it with my local dealer, before I configured one on the factory website, to make certain I knew what I could/could not do with my tractor, after delivery.

Short version, do your homework, before you buy any brand/model tractor to learn their limitations and configurations. I learned of the limits of my tractor, after I bought it (had no idea). Fortunately, for me, I need the belly mower and the FEL, as my primary tools. The backhoe would be sweet, but it would likely sit in the garage for rare uses only when needed. The Snow Blower is half the cost of my entire tractor, and not worth the price: I bought knock-off Edge Tamers for moving snow, and I really like their price, and what they allow me to do for the very low price I paid. The blower would be used only three months per year; the FEL gets used 12 months -- I never disconnect it!

I've had my tractor for 2+ years now. Love the belly mower; love the FEL; rock solid Yanmar engine; I love my tractor! Would I buy another new/used Mahindra? In a heartbeat. I got more tractor for my money, than I could get with other brands. I bought mine used, and I still have several years left on the powertrain warranty (7-year warranty, transfers with ownership).

I also found an independent tractor mechanic, who runs a family business with his sons, out of a professional shop (<10 miles away), closer than my dealership (25 miles away). He has serviced my tractor for around 1/2 of what the dealership charges: hydraulic oil and filter change, plus some repair work caused by my foolishness. He is actually my neighbor. I bought some parts online, and he put them in for me. The dealership is there, if I need them for warranty work; for all else, my independent mechanic will get my business. He and his sons will make money, and I will save a lot of money, compared to going to the dealership.

As an independent mechanic, he has lower overhead. He also offers better customer service than what the dealer can offer. He is more flexible to work with: he comes to my house, on his way home, to work on my tractor (he's good, old school in his business approach and customer relations, and I appreciate that, tremendously). Cheers!

Last edited:
   / Discontinued Sub Compact Mahindra #10  
We can't get them any longer.
Web sites and actuality don't always mesh.
Mahindra was to come out with their new "K -line" series this spring and disavowed themselves from Tym.
The new line will not come out till next year but we have no 22's and 25's to sell in this lineup and we could have sold a dozen or more since the beginning of March.
Very practical line of tractors these were.