DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas?

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
I have 3 1/2 grandchildren, that live right next door.
We are always having them over. Some months ago, I got them a pretty good size tractor tire.
They love to climb and walk on it.

Today, I got this "single" tire off a tractor trailer,, rated at 11,500 pound capacity @ 120psi,,,
I hope the grandchildren do not destroy it,, too soon !! :laughing:

Truck%20Tire_zps7z2rirlk.jpg

I do not know if it is a climbing toy, or a sandbox,,, yet,, :confused:

So, do you have any good ideas for child entertainment that I can build?? :thumbsup:

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #2  
How did you get 1/2 grandhild?

Definitely build a swing and a slide.

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #4  

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #5  
A simple A-framed swingset with slide and fort. You climb the step/ladder into the fort and then can go down the slide. I built one almost 20 years ago for my kids and it's now used by my niece's kids and whoever visits that has little ones. I assume in 5 years it will be grand kids. The A-frame on mine is a 16foot 4x4 with 3 sets of A's bolted on for support. 3 swings and a 2 person horse type swing that can hold 3 kids with one standing. Also had a saucer type swing at one point. Easy to swap as they get older, it started with 2 baby swings.

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #6  
Big fir 015.jpg
Made a doz. of these for grand kids and neighbors kids . Here's one with my neighbors son a few years ago and since his younger brother got to use it.

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #7  
   / DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #8  
I have a parts list and instructions I can send to anyone who may be interested. I made one that the bucket articulated as well but decided it couldn't take a lot of punishment with a lot of use.

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #9  
If you have flat land, get an old cable spool 3-5 ft diameter to walk on and roll. Plastic barrels can be fun, too.

Bruce

/ DIY Children's Yard Toys,,, Any Ideas? #10  
A guy I used to work with used to take old large bearings home to make manual playground Carousels.
You don't really need bearings, a pipe in a pipe for the center would work.