DIY FEL bucket forks

/ DIY FEL bucket forks #1  

Tazz

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC29D
In the past when I was moving tree branches and brush around I found it difficult to load longer branches into the bucket without the pile spilling out. I've seen several video where others bought or made bucket forks so I decided to make a pair and see how it goes. Nothing heavy, these are for my NH TC29D with a 7308 loader so I figure 200 or 300 pounds max.

The local steel mill supply store recommended the 3in channel being the best choice for my needs and cost. So far I'm about 90% done and plan on using 1/4in flat steel to make a slanted gusset brace on each side of each fork. You can see the template I'll use as a guide and just grind and trim it to fit then weld them in place.

I'm thinking of making a tooth fork next.

For the past year I've been MIG welding with a Vulcan Omnipro 220with C25 and very pleased with the results. Given that I'm just a hobbiest. :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Template for brace
4.jpg

/ DIY FEL bucket forks #2  
They look really good to me.
Good work!

/ DIY FEL bucket forks #4  
Nice. Consider putting braces on both sides? Bevel the tips? Plate on the tips? Hole in back stop to hook a strap? I think you’ll find the forks very useful. Good job.

/ DIY FEL bucket forks #5  
^^^^^^^^

Good job indeed.

gg

/ DIY FEL bucket forks #6  
For brush work also consider front hood guard... Big piles of brush tend to spill over top of bucket and onto hood of tractor and if you have forward radiator it could get serious... This was thrown together from a bit of 1 inch angle iron that was in scrap pile.... Might even consider something with expanded metal screen...

guard-2.jpg

Also increasers load capacity of brush...

Last edited:
   / DIY FEL bucket forks #7  
Here's what my brush forks look like: