DIY Fire Starter’s

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #12  
Always curious if some of the many manufactured firestarter sticks contribute to excessive creosote build up?

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #13  
Birch bark.
Dryer lint with drops of olive oil.
Olive oil on half a paper towel.
Pine pitch wood splits.

This season have used 5 tablespoons of Olive oil to start fires, mixing with dryer lint or paper towels.
Buy the cheapest Olive oil available and have never used more than a 1/4 of a pint in a heating season.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #14  
Always curious if some of the many manufactured firestarter sticks contribute to excessive creosote build up?
not sure but I doubt it, the worse thing for creosote buildup is burning green wood, I burn dry wood (at least two-year-old) and I pretty much never have to clean my chimney. Hot fire = clean smoke.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #15  
Birch bark.
Dryer lint with drops of olive oil.
Olive oil on half a paper towel.
Pine pitch wood splits.

This season have used 5 tablespoons of Olive oil to start fires, mixing with dryer lint or paper towels.
Buy the cheapest Olive oil available and have never used more than a 1/4 of a pint in a heating season.
Extra virgin? ;)

Hand sanitizer, might have to try that, just to see if nothing else. I use fatwood too.

Load wood, piece of fatwood on top, a few pieces of smallish wood and there it is, a nice fire.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #17  
Extra virgin? ;)

Hand sanitizer, might have to try that, just to see if nothing else. I use fatwood too.

Load wood, piece of fatwood on top, a few pieces of smallish wood and there it is, a nice fire.
I use the Extra Virgin Olive oil in my lamps, because the Extra Virgin oil has a higher temperature smoke point. So we get light, but no smoke. Fun things you learn when being raised off grid. Then after retirement returning to the original family offgrid homestead.

/ DIY Fire Starter’s #18  
I use the Extra Virgin Olive oil in my lamps, because the Extra Virgin oil has a higher temperature smoke point. So we get light, but no smoke. Fun things you learn when being raised off grid. Then after retirement returning to the original family offgrid homestead.
Ok, im guilty of thread drift, but what lamps do you have?

/ DIY Fire Starter’s
I would suggest some back issues of Field and Stream magazine. Back when I subscribed they had a new idea for fire starting just about every issue. I vaguely remember things like cotton balls, wax and fine steel wool.
Should be able to find them cheap at the used bookstore or free at the library
Will try that!👍🏻

/ DIY Fire Starter’s
Thank you all! So many good things to try and so little time 😂 👍🏻☮️✌🏻