DIY "Pro" Termite treatment

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #21  
What kind of price is that Bifen for a treatment? I realize it depends on the size of your house, but what’s it cost for say a quart?

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #22  
Seems like there are different concentrations, but I recall somewhere around $60/qt that makes quite a few gallons of treatment. Also I remember being advised it would take two quarts for a typical home.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #23  
'Do my own' wants ~$30 for a quart or ~$55/gal of late for 7.9% concentration. I've bought quarts and they last a few years but the gallons are far more economical. Bifen IT Shelf life has never been a issue for me.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment
FWIW I used 2 qts of Bifen-IT in 55 gal of water and sprayed approx 300 perimeter feet. Not quite 2 gal of mixed solution for 10 linear feet. (and I used about an 8-9% solution. recommendation is 6%. up to 12% if you have an infestation)

I buy it by the gallon, and then spray the yard with it too, as it prevents ants, army worms, grubs, and a host of other pests.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #25  
The Termidor or Taurus is a whole different type of pesticide than the Bifen products. I believe Bifen kills quickly (I've used it for barn stall fly control). Termidor and Taurus are designed to specifically control termites by getting in the termites waxy coating and being tracked back to the colony, exposing all of them and killing the colony. Full termite colony control takes 90 days. They also provide termite control for up to 10 years.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #26  
Do any of these chemicals being discussed here require a pesticide applicator's license? Meaning, can I buy them and have them shipped to me without a license? (I'm in Texas if that matters)

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #27  
I've been able to buy Bifen, Termidor SC and Taurus SC in Texas, through Do My Own website and they were also available through my local feed and seed store. Do My Own was half the cost of the Seed and Feed store. You might be limited on quantities though. I think that's the case with 2,4,D anyway, at least at Tractor Supply. You can buy quarts, but not gallons.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #28  
Oh my God. Termites are the same little white bugs that showed up in my tractor cab a few weeks ago. I was just looking for a way to get rid of them and found this thread. I think this treatment might be just as effective as Tiny White Bugs: How To Get Rid Of Them? - Pest Keen. I finished treating the cab three days ago and have to work on it again on Wednesday, so I'll be able to report the results later. I see that many people here have had a similar problem. Do you have any other ideas?

Last edited:
   / DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #29  
FWIW I used 2 qts of Bifen-IT in 55 gal of water and sprayed approx 300 perimeter feet. Not quite 2 gal of mixed solution for 10 linear feet. (and I used about an 8-9% solution. recommendation is 6%. up to 12% if you have an infestation)

I buy it by the gallon, and then spray the yard with it too, as it prevents ants, army worms, grubs, and a host of other pests.
That's why Chlordane was taken off the market. Instructions said to be applied in trench then covered or injected below foundation. Properly applied Chlordane was effective for several decades and if squirted all over the ground would kill everything that came in contact for years. If some people had access to nuclear bombs they would destroy all of us while killing bugs in their yard.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #30  
That's why Chlordane was taken off the market. Instructions said to be applied in trench then covered or injected below foundation. Properly applied Chlordane was effective for several decades and if squirted all over the ground would kill everything that came in contact for years. If some people had access to nuclear bombs they would destroy all of us while killing bugs in their yard.
Trench use is for termite control. My understanding is that the same chemical is recommended as he used to kill ants, tec.