DIY Shrink Wrap?

/ DIY Shrink Wrap? #13  
The power plant hired a company to shrink wrap a spare 5000hp motor stored outside. They sent a guy and I had to help him. He used a propane powered heat gun. Shrinkfast MZ Propane Heat Gun

/ DIY Shrink Wrap? #14  
I have my own shrink-wrap kit that I use all the time and absolutely love it. My baler sits outside and I shrink wrap that with no corrosion issues. Biggest issue is it will usually have a hornet nest inside the baler when I take it off. I shrink wrap all my lawn furniture, put my firewood in IBC crates and then shrink wrap the top. I even clear shrink wrapped two of my hoop houses and it is by far better then greenhouse plastic. Going on 4 years without having to replace yet. Next big project will be to shrink wrap a shelterlogic frame a friend gave me. The tight fit keeps wind whipping and snow just slides right off it.

A gas ice melter or weed flamer torch is good tool to use just have to be careful not to burn through the plastic but a heat gun or dryer would just take way too long to get it done. If you keep the heat moving you should be good.

/ DIY Shrink Wrap? #15  
Things on the ground rust mostly from dampness coming up from below. That's why the underside of decks rot first. For things stored outside, I first put down some plastic and put rocks on it to keep in place. Then I put the equipment on it and cover it. I have had much better results this way. These days, I put everything in a barn but if there's any ground contact with dirt or gravel put it on a pallet or plastic first.