DIY Water ballast?

/ DIY Water ballast?
Where are you located? Do you need to worry about freezing temps? There are now better products to add weight to your tractor. Rim Guard, RV antifreeze or plain water. This is a very easy DIY. Just look up some videos on YouTube.
I am about 30 miles north of Seattle and it does freeze here for promo vee periods several times a year.

/ DIY Water ballast?
Thanks everyone for the great replies. I did not know that calcium chloride was so corrosive and must be used in an innertube. Since I don't know if the tires are tubeless, and since there might be a reason to not want the weight all the time, I think the best solution is for me to fab up some wheel weights. When I mount the box blade, which I think weighs about 300 pounds, the tractor gets much better traction. And since it is only a 2 wheel drive the extra rear traction is most important. I have about 300 pounds of lead so I will figure out some good method of mounting a 150 pounds to each wheel.
Thanks,
Eric

/ DIY Water ballast? #13  
I would suggest that you strongly consider adding the liquid ballast.... I can't think of any time I wouldn't want weight in the back of a 2wd tractor

/ DIY Water ballast? #14  
So that leaves you 2 things to use which are DIY. The RV antifreeze or the winter weight windshield washer fluid will help. And as stated above weight is your friend for almost everything.

The fact that it is a 2 wheel drive with a FEL requires the weight in order for you to be safe. Going down hill with a light rear end means you have little or no braking to speak of. DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!

The wheel weights are needed also. The 300 pound box blade might need some extra weight to help transfer the weight to the rear axle.

/ DIY Water ballast? #15  
Keep in mind, you already HAD a 2wd tractor w loaded back tires and you say you didn't know there were situations where weight would be undesirable....

Kind of proof for you there...

Load the tires, add the lead, mount the scraper, and find another 400 lbs to put on top of it....:cool: