DK 45 50 hour service

/ DK 45 50 hour service #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Good afternoon folks,
A couple of questions on the first 50 hour service of my DK45. I'm understanding I need to change the oil and filter,hydraulic fluid and filter and the front axle fluid. Is this correct? Next, am I looking at any potential warranty issues if I change these myself? Finally, where do you folks get your fluids, from the dealer, online etc? Any lessons learned to keep me from making a mess would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
RJ

/ DK 45 50 hour service #2  
Check the table in section 6 of the owners' manual. You also need to grease all the zerk fittings and check torque on the wheel bolts and especially loader attach bolts. Some have reported the hydro oil filter was hard to remove the first time (painted on?). Make sure you drain both of the oil drain screws under the engine. You'll want t wide drain pan for the engine oil, especially if it's windy. The hydro system holds 10 gallons so you'll need to do it in stages or have a big container. I haven't done the hydro oil yet but I'll probably just get the good stuff at tractor supply. I use Mobile 1 (15W50 or 0W40 in all my diesel engines, usually from Walmart when they have it on the shelf. Maybe you cabn get engine oil filters from NAPA, but I'd go to a dealer (local or mail order) for filters.

The manuals for my 2006 DK45S failed to show the location of several grease fittings (front wheel gearboxes, aft pivot, and draft control), but the newer manuals are much better. If you see a zerk fitting, give it three shots.

If your machine id muddy/dirty, this is a good time to give it a bath first so you can see what you're doing.

/ DK 45 50 hour service #3  
Good afternoon folks,
A couple of questions on the first 50 hour service of my DK45. I'm understanding I need to change the oil and filter,hydraulic fluid and filter and the front axle fluid. Is this correct? Next, am I looking at any potential warranty issues if I change these myself? Finally, where do you folks get your fluids, from the dealer, online etc? Any lessons learned to keep me from making a mess would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
RJ
Also the two rear final drive sections need to be drained as well, but they aren't mentioned in the manual.
I got my filters at my dealer, and then my local TSC store had shell spirax hyd/tractor fluid on sale so I bought that months in advance. I kept all my receipts, and wrote on them which service they were for.

/ DK 45 50 hour service #4  
Interesting. My older (2006) DK45S doesn't have a final drive section; the rear axle goes straight into the differential. I guess this highlights the importance of using the right tech data for your particular tractor.

/ DK 45 50 hour service #5  
my 2011 dk45 hst has the rear driveline drains....and they left that little mention out of the manual.

the bolts are painted yellow though...so hard to miss.

i bought a package of filters good thru the 400 hour service from my dealer.... stocked on my own shelf.

I am not using synthetic oil myself, seeing as its changed so often . I only have 170 hrs on mine. The 50 hr hydraulic oil change sure felt like a waste...all that clean oil being tossed out... but better safe than sorry.

The manual states what kinds of fluids can be used. I contacted Kioti corporate about changing stuff myself. There is NO problem with it...but KEEP all your receipts AND mark the hours on all receipts. I buy the oil when i need it so the receipt is dated correctly.

/ DK 45 50 hour service #6  
my 2011 dk45 hst has the rear driveline drains....and they left that little mention out of the manual
How do you know what and how much oil goes there.?

/ DK 45 50 hour service #7  
my 2011 dk45 hst has the rear driveline drains....and they left that little mention out of the manual
How do you know what and how much oil goes there.?
They are filled with the rest of the trans and hyd. system through the back of the tractor.
I used a 55 gallon plastic food barrel and cut one end off so I could slide it under the rear hitch, maybe 11" high? But I could still reach the plugs with a wrench.
Anyways all the hyd fluids went in it at once, plus I could drain both final drives into it at once as well. I borrowed a set of chain vice grips for the filters which worked well too. I should be able to remove them by hand next time.

/ DK 45 50 hour service #8  
I am doing the 50 Hour service on my DK45SE this week. I bought the factory filters and hydralic fluid from my local dealer. According to their service department you only need to change the hydralic filters and not the fluid at 50 hours. I believe the fluid calls for replacement at 200 hours. The owners manual is unclear on this as it says to change the fluid on one page and then to change the filters only on another. I bought a gallon of New Holland hydralic fluid from them (at their recommendation) to top up the fluid after changing the filters. I will also be using Rotella 15-40 engine oil and 80-90 GL5 for the front axle. I may change over to synthetic engine oil later but prefer to stay with "dino" oil untill the engine is fully broken in.

/ DK 45 50 hour service
ecruzin said:
I am doing the 50 Hour service on my DK45SE this week. I bought the factory filters and hydralic fluid from my local dealer. According to their service department you only need to change the hydralic filters and not the fluid at 50 hours. I believe the fluid calls for replacement at 200 hours. The owners manual is unclear on this as it says to change the fluid on one page and then to change the filters only on another. I bought a gallon of New Holland hydralic fluid from them (at their recommendation) to top up the fluid after changing the filters. I will also be using Rotella 15-40 engine oil and 80-90 GL5 for the front axle. I may change over to synthetic engine oil later but prefer to stay with "dino" oil untill the engine is fully broken in.

I wish the information was more clear for all. My dealer told me the opposite. Said they recommend changing all fluids at 50 hours. I emailed kioti to ask if there would be any warranty problems if I change my own oils and they did not answer. Said to contact my dealer for questions which leads us back to the problem of conflicting information.

/ DK 45 50 hour service #10  
Unless a claim is specifically defined then it isn't allowable. Meaning if Kioti specified that all service work would have to be done by dealers (Mercedes used to detail their warranty this this way, not sure about now though) then it would be a condition of the warranty.

The way it is written it should not matter as long as the service is performed.

Other than about braking my hands on the filters that are welded (so it felt like) on the rest isn;t so bad. Any average guy who can change oil in their cars can do it.

You gotta love those colored plugs too. Helps you keep up with things.