DK35SE info, help.

/ DK35SE info, help. #1  

John White

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
I just purchased a Bobcat CT335. Same as the Kioti. I tried posting in the Bobcat forums about information before purchasing it but didn't get much response. I bought it knowing there was a electrical problem, which that model had a lot. I started out at the battery, replacing battery terminal then checking charging. I have finally traced it to the fuse block. The instrument does not light up, no tac or warning lights. I took the fuse holder loose and from what I see it is the 3 fuse from the bottom with the light emblem. On the backside is a red wire with a blue stripe. Should be hot with key on. Does any one happen to have a wiring diagram? Does it feed of the ign. switch or a relay? I don't want to tear the dash out if I don't have to.

/ DK35SE info, help. #2  
Hi John;
Here's the schematic for the CT335, along with a diagram
showing the location of electrical components on the tractor.
Page 2 of the schematic has a relay circled. In my case, that
was the relay that gave me a similar problem to yours. It's
the Switched Power Relay. I've replaced two of them so far
since 2012 when I purchased the tractor new. With the hood
open, this relay is the one furthest to the right on the firewall,
as viewed from the front of the tractor. Good luck!
CT335 Schematic 1.JPG CT335 Schematic 2.JPG View attachment CT335 Electrical Component Location.JPG

Last edited:
   / DK35SE info, help.
Thanks for the info. I will check it out. Would parts be cheaper going through a Kiota dealer. I need the two screens in the grill also. Price from Bobcat is $104 for one of them and $70 for the other. If any one has part numbers for those two items, send them and I will call a Kioti dealer.

/ DK35SE info, help. #4  
We would recommend testing the key switch. Relay power is after the key switch. First try is to spray a little WD40 in the switch and rotate the key several times to see if you can free up the contacts. Often times, this is all it takes. Then test the output of the switch.

Hope this helps.

/ DK35SE info, help.
But how do I get to the switch. Top panel or bottom? I don't think it is the switch because other things that work off the switch work ok. I checked the 4 relays on the outside of the fire wall and I think they are all ok. I understand that there four under the dash somewhere and just don't want to take more off than I have to.

/ DK35SE info, help. #6  
Just give a couple squirts of WD 40 into the key slot, and rotate the key a few times. We do this to about a half dozen tractors a year that have stuck contacts. We aren't saying this will fix your issue since we don't have the tractor to test, but start with the simple stuff first. The key switch is in front of the relays in the schematic, so nothing is going to power right unless the key switch contacts in all positions properly. Simple stuff first. The key switch has a 6" tail harness with a plug. You can continuity test the key switch at the tail plug off the back of the switch.

Beyond that, we would need a better description of the problem to be able to help isolate it.

Hope this helps

/ DK35SE info, help. #7  
Any progress with your electrical problem, John?

/ DK35SE info, help.
I took the dash out. There are 5 relays there. I just put on a jumper at the fuse block and back feed to find the one that was bad. Works fine now. For some reason this tractor is very hard starting in cold weather. Is that normal for them? I have had 3 Kubotas and they start right up. When I get time I will check the glow plugs but I think they are working. Tractor has only 330 hrs.

/ DK35SE info, help. #9  
For some reason this tractor is very hard starting in cold weather. Is that normal for them? I have had 3 Kubotas and they start right up. When I get time I will check the glow plugs but I think they are working. Tractor has only 330 hrs.
No it is not normal. Shouldn't start any harder than your Kubota's
Check the glow plugs. The relays on the firewall seems to be a common issue on that model if I remember right.