DK35SE PTO not operating

/ DK35SE PTO not operating #1  

Jamesfowl

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
DK35SE 2012 model PTO will not operate. PTO and Auto/Man switch lights both work, PTO dash light does not work. No voltage is getting to the PTO solenoid. Micro switch on draft control works. 'No start' when PTO is switched on is working too. Possibly a broken wire feeding the solenoid? Casual inspection of wires looks good, all still in undamaged wire loom. Any ideas? Does anyone have a schematic for this model?
Also, leaving the solenoids connected and changing their location on the modulator the PTO comes on with activation of 4x4 switch, so the modulator and PTO clutches are working.

/ DK35SE PTO not operating #2  
There is also a switch on the 3-point that is used to activate the auto PTO when the arms are lifted to turn off the PTO and at a certain point when lowering the arms it kicks the PTO back on. Not sure if you have checked for that already. Maybe out of alignment and not allowing the PTO to activate??

/ DK35SE PTO not operating #3  
Broken wire or loose connection in the loom? Have you tried creating a jumper wire from the switch to the PTO solenoid? That should tell you really quickly if it's a wiring issue.

/ DK35SE PTO not operating
tmthunder - that is the micro switch I referenced, it works but only with PTO Auto mode.
justman777 - have not tried the jumper wire but will today.
A proper schematic would be helpful. Dealer wanted just under $200.00 for the paper service manual.

/ DK35SE PTO not operating #5  
tmthunder - that is the micro switch I referenced, it works but only with PTO Auto mode.
justman777 - have not tried the jumper wire but will today.
A proper schematic would be helpful. Dealer wanted just under $200.00 for the paper service manual.

I've reviewed the manual. I didn't find it all that helpful in that it omitted certain things. For instance, instructions for replacing the MLS consisted of "Remove the old MLS and insert the new MLS." Nothing about bolt torque, tightening sequence, removing pressure from the three point so you don't get a hydro oil bath, nothing like that that I could find. I was expecting quite a bit more from a service manual.

/ DK35SE PTO not operating #6  
I just had the s me issue on my dk45. The ground wire was mounted behind my twin relay box and was not making contact with ground. I scraped paint behind relay and added 2 washers to force connection to ground. Works now. Afterwards I replaced relay and switch as I had already purchased them... and since dash was already apart......

But I kept the old components

Also..be sure to check 15amp fuse

grsthegreat - My tractor has a relay labeled twin relay. What does this relay control, obviously something to do with the PTO?

/ DK35SE PTO not operating #8  
grsthegreat - My tractor has a relay labeled twin relay. What does this relay control, obviously something to do with the PTO?
Believe it or not, the twin relay located under the steering column cover runs the pto and brake lights... at least on my dk45

grsthegreat - Do you have the schematic for this? I believe it would be the same for a 35 and 45.

/ DK35SE PTO not operating #10  
grsthegreat - Do you have the schematic for this? I believe it would be the same for a 35 and 45.

I have schematic for ex35se. Which is the model number as sold globally. send me an email at my screen name at yahoo.com. Lets see what you can do to help.

K0UA That is a zero NOT an oh.

Also note there are some pretty big differences in cab and open station tractors. schematics. Which do you have.?