DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #1  

southerniltractor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40se HST with FEL, Simplicity Landlord, JD130
Howdy folks,

Does anyone know the torque value for the loader bolts on my 2011 DK40se hst? I'm being lazy and hope someone here has this handy!

Thanks,
Mike

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #2  
Is that a trick question ?

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #3  
Tractor loader bolts have an industry standard to follow, based on the grade and thickness of the bolt. Here is the torque requirements for your loader bolt. It does require you to measure bolt thickness and determine grade of that bolt. It all takes just 5 mins.

tapatalk_1241147461.jpgtapatalk_-521464677.jpg

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #4  
I still think it's a trick Question - are you talking about the keeper bolts that (keep) the pins from falling out ? If thats what your talking about there is no Tec. in America that would get out a Torque wrench to tighten thoes bolts .

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #5  
Hey, that's my cutting board and granite top in post 3.

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #6  
Hey, that's my cutting board and granite top in post 3.
Yep...recycled your photos.
But they definitely provide the torque specs for most bolts on a tractor.

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #7  
Glad to help.

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque
Howdy folks,

Attached you will find an image of the loader bolts in question. They look unlike any other metric bolt I've seen in the past and as described in metric bolt tables I've found on line. My neighbor has an LS tractor with clearly marked loader bolts being 10.9 class metric fasteners.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
MikeDK40 SE HST Loader bolts.jpgDK40 SE HST Loader bolts.jpg

Last edited:
   / DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #9  
I would use the grunt method.

/ DK40 SE HST Loader Bolt Torque #10  
Thanks for the photos. Those loader bolts are grade 9 bolts made by manufacturer DS(Korean), and are some of the strongest case hardened bolts ever made. Grade 9 bolts are made with a 8640 Alloy steel which is the ultimate in high strength steel. I think I have seen specs for grade 9 bolts, that suggested they could handle 180,000 psi tensile shearing. And you have 4 bolts for each side of the loader mount.

If they are 3/4" bolts, i would torque them to between 280 to 320 ft-lbs per bolt. That may require you to purchase a very special torque wrench. Otherwise if you get a torque wrench good for 250 ft-lbs, that would be more than safe.

Something under that high torque should never come loose. Are any of your loader bolts actually loose ?

Last edited: