DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #1  

caver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Fisher Price, toddlers first tractor.
I've read in here that the rear remotes are 1/2" Just wanting to double check with a picture of mine and a tape measure. I bought a grapple and need to have hoses made up for it.
Kioti couplers.jpg

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #2  
Yes my DK 45SE Hyd remotes are 1/2 pioneer type, the FEL are 3/8. Remember to have 90 degrees fittings for the the rear hoses. 3/8 hoses carry enough volume for grapples and are easier to route.

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #3  
I've read in here that the rear remotes are 1/2" Just wanting to double check with a picture of mine and a tape measure. I bought a grapple and need to have hoses made up for it.
View attachment 486160

Yep 1/2 inch AG type couplers. ISO 5675

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #4  
I would recommend running 3/8" hose. Cheaper and easier to work with. Of course, you'll then need some adapters to go from 3/8" JIC (assume that's what the hoses will be) to 1/2" NPT.

I'm just starting the process of doing this same thing on my new Kioti (waiting to get some measurements for the hoses before putting in my parts order: tractor has been at the dealer's).

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size
Yep 1/2 inch AG type couplers. ISO 5675

First, thanks for the feedback everyone.
That's probably the code (ISO number) I needed. I was just at the local mom and pop farm store and they really had no idea which fittings I needed.
I had part numbers and pictures from the EA website for the grapple end. I've been working 10 hour days for the last month so no time to go by there since I picked up the grapple at the freight terminal. Today they close in 10 minutes and I had not checked the thread in several days. If I could order them online and get the right stuff I would have gone that route. The tractor is 120+ miles away so the plan at the moment is to remove one of the remote fittings from the tractor and one of the fittings off the grapple. (frustrated)

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #6  
EA's standard couplers would be AG unless you specify otherwise (other coupler option is flat-faced skid steer, at an additional cost). Rear remotes should also be (not sure if I've heard of anyone with anything else) AG. 1/2" for both.

I went with the flat-faced connectors as they are said to be better at keeping out foreign material when disconnected. At the very least look to get dust caps (need to install when/as you make connection to your hoses).

Here's a handy reference to couplers:

Quick Disconnects > Discount Hydraulic Hose.com

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #7  
Reduced from 1/2 to 3/8 out of the QC. Hoses made with 90's.
IMG_20161107_113244.jpgIMG_20161107_113149.jpg
Ran hoses up the left side attached to cab frame and tool box bracket.
I added a set of QC in front of the tool box the hose was made with 3/8 NPT both sides here.
IMG_20161107_113259.jpgIMG_20161107_113413.jpg
Up and along the loader arm similar to hoses on the right side.
The loader end of the hoses are 1/2 NPT.
IMG_20161107_113435.jpgIMG_20161108_170614.jpgIMG_20161108_172931.jpg

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #8  
Excellent job, GMIslander!

That's pretty much what I'm looking at doing (and running on the Left side too).

What is that wrap material? Any concerns that it'll trap stuff in it? (I'm trying to decide what hose protection to use.)

Oh! And I like your extra grill guard! I'd thought about doing something similar on my B7800 (but never got to it): I for sure want to do it on my Kioti ASAP. I also figured that having something that's not welded on would be good because at some point in time you're going to have to replace it.

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size
Local farm store was way too high on their price per foot hose. I ended up ordering hoses from Fit Rite. I hope to have them by next week.

/ DK40HSE hydrualic coupler size #10  
carver, no hydraulics shop?

I don't know what the pricing difference are yet because I haven't gotten a handle on how much hose I need.

I am, however, seeing that there's different levels of quality of hose. I might end up paying more but, perhaps, getting better value. (reduce concerns over chafing/snagging etc.)