DK45 and box blade size

/ DK45 and box blade size #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Do you gents think a DK45 could effectively use a Woods 7 foot HB84 Box Scraper (700 plus pounds) or should I focus my search on a 6 foot model?
thanks

/ DK45 and box blade size #2  
I use a 6 ft on my CK35 and it works well. I'm think you should be fine with a 7 ft on a DK45. :)

Attachments

• BackBoxBlade 001.jpg
    BackBoxBlade 001.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 199
  • BackBoxBlade 002.jpg
    BackBoxBlade 002.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 180
   / DK45 and box blade size #3  
I have a 6 footer on my DK45 - it works very well and I can get into places that the tractor will fit but a 7 foot blade will not. No doubt in my mind the DK 45 would handle 7 feet with ease.

/ DK45 and box blade size #4  
I have a 7-footer for my DK45 and haven't had any problems with power or traction using R4s; I don't know if traction would be an issue with turfs, but power would be fine. Width can be an issue in some situations, but it's nice to completely cover the tire tracks. FWIW, I have a bracket welded on mine to hold a length of RR rail for extra weight. Now I wish I had T&T...that would be REALLY handy with the box blade; hydraulic rippers would be icing on the cake (but that's not going to happen)!
BOB

/ DK45 and box blade size #5  
I have a 7-footer for my DK45 and haven't had any problems with power or traction using R4s; I don't know if traction would be an issue with turfs, but power would be fine. Width can be an issue in some situations, but it's nice to completely cover the tire tracks. FWIW, I have a bracket welded on mine to hold a length of RR rail for extra weight. Now I wish I had T&T...that would be REALLY handy with the box blade; hydraulic rippers would be icing on the cake (but that's not going to happen)!
BOB

Same as rd... I have a Rhino 84 and have had no issues. I might take the hydraulic ram off the snow blower and use as T&T...

/ DK45 and box blade size #6  
Do you gents think a DK45 could effectively use a Woods 7 foot HB84 Box Scraper (700 plus pounds) or should I focus my search on a 6 foot model?
thanks

I've got a 7' box blade(~1100lbs) and with 8 rippers and it will stop the tractor in a few situations. I can't rip 5" deep in dry turf(we have clay soil) or overfill the box and just keep on pulling on the flat, but when I lift up abit on the 3pth I can drag the yard plus of dirt around all day. I have the rippers set to 2.5" and it works fine that way in turf as well.
If I could've found a 6'er in this class I would've bought that but this came up after 6 months of looking so I got it instead.
I think you will be fine with 7'er but I'd choose a heavier 6' or 6.5' if you are going to be excavating alot of undisturbed soil.

/ DK45 and box blade size #7  
My neighbor has an equally heavy 7' (~1000lbs) that he lets me use and my DK35 has no issue using it for most tasks. However, I can stall the tractor if it's full and still digging (R4s). I'm shopping for a 6' - which for some reason is hard to find 2nd hand...

/ DK45 and box blade size #8  
My dealer has a used 72" there for $800 if anyone is interested. That would be from St. John's, NL, Canada.