DK5310SE Sluggish

/ DK5310SE Sluggish #1  
Tractor
TYM T474
I have a two year old 5310 with 90 hours. Slowly but surely, it seems the HST is getting more and more "sluggish". The best way I can describe it is in medium range (primarily when not warmed up), it whines more than I think it should and it seems to be extra sluggish. Once the tractor warms up, it does get better. But in high range, it's terrible. This is a 50 HP tractor but if I rev the engine up to at least 2000-2500 rpm, I can step on the HST pedal fairly firmly (I don't just stomp it) and the engine will start to bog down as if I'm dragging a plow or something. I have had 30-40 HP tractors do far better than this.

I don't think it's the parking brake dragging because I smell nothing odd or hot. It just seems the motor and/or transmission can't handle a fairly quick start when traveling down the road.

Again, I don't just stomp the pedal. But there's no serious reason this tractor should be falling on it's face like it does when I want to head down a country road in high range.

I did do the 50 hr service with all filters at the 51 hr mark. Anyone else had similar experience?

/ DK5310SE Sluggish #2  
My dk40se hst at 200 hrs seems sluggish compared to new, 2012 MY, other day I tried adjusting the pressure relief valve something under the seat, the one with the Allen wrench end and a jam nut, I ended up completely unscrewing it out , was careful BUT not sure if I lost a spring in it or not, does anyone know if there's a spring and or a plunger in that valve assy?? Also it didn't make any difference in hydo power.

/ DK5310SE Sluggish #3  
I have a two year old 5310 with 90 hours. Slowly but surely, it seems the HST is getting more and more "sluggish". The best way I can describe it is in medium range (primarily when not warmed up), it whines more than I think it should and it seems to be extra sluggish. Once the tractor warms up, it does get better. But in high range, it's terrible. This is a 50 HP tractor but if I rev the engine up to at least 2000-2500 rpm, I can step on the HST pedal fairly firmly (I don't just stomp it) and the engine will start to bog down as if I'm dragging a plow or something. I have had 30-40 HP tractors do far better than this.

I don't think it's the parking brake dragging because I smell nothing odd or hot. It just seems the motor and/or transmission can't handle a fairly quick start when traveling down the road.

Again, I don't just stomp the pedal. But there's no serious reason this tractor should be falling on it's face like it does when I want to head down a country road in high range.

I did do the 50 hr service with all filters at the 51 hr mark. Anyone else had similar experience?
We have seen this before...has about always been a brake not completely releasing. You probably won't have the burnt brake smell since they are wet brakes. We would recommend you disconnect the brake rods at the rocker arms, and verify that the brakes are completely releasing...especially if you use the parking brakes. The rocker arms on the brake cases are the most likely culprit, but check the movement of all the linkages. The rear rocker arms take continuous spray lubrication where they enter the brake case, and working them back and forth continuously until the movement is smooth.

Hope this helps

/ DK5310SE Sluggish
Thank so much. It definitely feels like brakes dragging but I just assumed not. I will look deeper into this tomorrow.

/ DK5310SE Sluggish
I should have replied again but I just plain forgot. It appears the brakes aren't completely releasing as Michiganiron posted. For now, I lubricated the crap out of the linkage and worked it all back and forth quite a bit. For now, that appears to have eliminated the problem.

Thanks

/ DK5310SE Sluggish #6  
My sluggishness went away after I straightened out the bent ears on the pedal linkage thingy underneath which gave me full pedal travel, omg

/ DK5310SE Sluggish #7  
We have seen this before...has about always been a brake not completely releasing. You probably won't have the burnt brake smell since they are wet brakes. We would recommend you disconnect the brake rods at the rocker arms, and verify that the brakes are completely releasing...especially if you use the parking brakes. The rocker arms on the brake cases are the most likely culprit, but check the movement of all the linkages. The rear rocker arms take continuous spray lubrication where they enter the brake case, and working them back and forth continuously until the movement is smooth.

Hope this helps
This is good information can you show a picture of Where to apply the lubrication spray thank you