DK65 with hydro?

/ DK65 with hydro? #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
Does Kioti plan on having a hydro on any of their "larger" tractors? After reading all the good posts on the Kioti, I told a friend to go out and compare the Kioti DK55 and 65 with the Kubota L5030HSTC (like I have) before buying to see which he likes better. Other than the dealer ticking him off (same happened to me and I just left), my friend told me that Kioti does not have a hydro in that size tractor. He told me the DK65 has a Perkins engine in it and he liked that, but he said he wasn't going to do gears anymore. Anybody know if Kioti is coming out with hydro in those sizes or if they already do?

/ DK65 with hydro? #2  
Well, I remember reading a thread a while ago about future updates with the DK machines. I remember reading something about giving the DKs a facelift with curves like the DK55 and curved arm loaders. I also remember something about an HST transmission being implemented into the some of the DKs. This is a bit of a ways off, though.

/ DK65 with hydro? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I told a friend to go out and compare the Kioti DK55 and 65 with the Kubota L5030HSTC (like I have) before buying to see which he likes better. )</font>

The 5030 is going to look like a toy next to the DK65. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The only possible advantage I can see would be the hydro. The 65 can also go from forward to reverse without stopping, (like hydro).

I think all Kioti's in the near future will have the sloped hood and loader arms, plus the availability of hydro. I do not have any facts to back this up. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

RedDog

/ DK65 with hydro?
Well, on one aspect you are right. I didn't know until he told me that there is almost 3000 pounds difference in the weight. That ruled it out for what he wanted. Also, he said that he could feel the extra weight when he drove it. Not sure what he meant? Anyway, without a hydro and the dealer being somewhat less than helpful with him as well, he ordered a L5030HSTC.

From what he told me, if Kioti gets a good hydro in the DK65C, and (likely just as important) develops more dealers in the midwest, it will be one heck of a tractor. He described it as "a beast". He said that they will no longer have to sell on price. (that is to be taken as a compliment by him). Personally, I wouldn't really mind the additional weight. I sort of associate weight with strength to a certain extent. The guy I sent to look at Kioti is sort of like me in that he also looked at them several years ago and was less than impressed. Also, that dealer is now out of business and the closest Kioti dealer is now 30 miles further away. Anyway, he said flat out that they are not the same tractor they were 6 or 7 years ago.

How smooth is the 3cyl Perkins engine? I know the Perkins engine is a great engine, but it surprised me that it isn't a 4 cyl. Don't tell me that they were watching the weight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ DK65 with hydro? #5  
Even if Kioti has Hydro as and option on the DK's in the near future I don't look for it to be availible on the 65 since most of the other Mfg. hydro's are only availible up to the 50 HP area..

/ DK65 with hydro? #6  
I know this isn't a 65 but I still have a picture of the DK 55C I drove last year .
I liked it !! Liked it a lot..

Attachments

• 523656-DK55 1.jpg
    523656-DK55 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 172
   / DK65 with hydro? #7  
I believe there are plans for around 2007 to start introducing HSTs into the larger tractors, but I'm not positive of dates nor is Kioti. The DK65 is to receive a new 4cyl Perkins in the near future, not sure of the time line. At present, as most of you know, the CK30 is the largest HST available.
John

/ DK65 with hydro? #8  
How smooth is the 3cyl Perkins engine? I know the Perkins engine is a great engine, but it surprised me that it isn't a 4 cyl. Don't tell me that they were watching the weight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I love the Perkins! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Plenty of power, and not one single problem with it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

RedDog

/ DK65 with hydro?
DK35vince, that is one sweet looking tractor!! Question. You drove it last year? Why would you get rid of that beauty??

I currently only have 12 acres and some people may think that the Kubota L5030HSTC is too much tractor for what I have. However, when I want to plow, when I want to use the loader to move dirt, and when I want to till with my 6' wide tiller, it does the job! The lower HP tractors I had (including several JD's, a NH, and one other Kubota) were all somewhat smaller and did not have the HP I really needed. The 5030 fits great.

Problem. I'm seriously considering purchasing another 117 acres. It will be used for mostly recreational purposes, but I'll need to use a FEL quite a bit and will likely need to move more dirt, and other chores. That is why I am asking about the DK65C (gotta have the cab! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). If I buy that additional land, the 5030 that I'm so pleased with now may get a bit small. Oh well, I have a while. Anybody ever compare the stats of the DK65 with the similar sized M series Kubota? (I'm not trying to start any war either way - I obviously own a Kubota and like it - I'm just open minded; gotta get the best "bang" for my buck!)

/ DK65 with hydro? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( DK35vince, that is one sweet looking tractor!! Question. You drove it last year? Why would you get rid of that beauty?? )</font>

It was on the dealers lot so I just took it for a little test drive to see what it was like, I would have loved to take it home with me but I already had a DK 35 a John Deere 850 and 2 Wheel Horse garden tractors at home that gets done what I need to do.