Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals?

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #1  
Tractor
I do not have a tractor yet.
Is that all hype? Do any of the tractor dealers really give you a better deal than they would have six months earlier?

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #2  
Probably. Traffic is less as the weather gets cold. I just started looking and have been to Kioti/Mahindra, RK and Kubota dealers. Both not very busy. I was the only one at Kubota and was out checking out the L series. Still have Bobcat in my immediate area.

Looking at used also. The RK's looked good, but raised prices. The RK37 I think is up and the Kubota showed me a 24k price that looked less than both Kioti and RK?

Just started looking though and am new to tractors so will be a while till I get my hands on one.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #3  
Is that all hype? Do any of the tractor dealers really give you a better deal than they would have six months earlier?
Only if you know the exact numbers and financing from 6 months ago.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #4  
I would think it depends on the state and their tax policies also. In Ohio, used to be that "inventory taxes" were due in February based on 12/31 or 1/15 inventory value, so lots of businesses wanted to eliminate any inventory by the valuation date (remember post-Christmas Sales "Everything MUST Go!!"). I think CA does it different, since virtually any auto part I ever needed from a dealer had to come from a Reno warehouse, so no one held inventory in CA.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #5  
I get about 50 flyers per year October-December reminding me about “year end sales”, “depreciation”, “tax write off” from dealers.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #6  
Spring into spring sale, 4th of July sale, Labor Day sale, year end sale. Whatever time of year it is they are having a sale.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #7  
If you want a better deal buy from the hungry sales person with the lowest sales at the end of the month. Walk into the managers office and look at the quota whiteboard ranking the sales persons monthly sales. If the sales person seems disinterested walk away they don't want your business anyways.

If you buy a stock item at the business year end you might get a better deal. Business year end doesn't always coincide with the calendar year.

Tractor dealers get to hold the equipment for about 2 years before they have to start making payments to the mother ship.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #8  
Larry Stovesand Equipment in Nashville has deals till the end of December.

One is a Kioti CK 2610 for $19,500

Low interest too.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #9  
If you want a better deal buy from the hungry sales person with the lowest sales at the end of the month. Walk into the managers office and look at the quota whiteboard ranking the sales persons monthly sales. If the sales person seems disinterested walk away they don't want your business anyways.
True. When I bought the '99 Subaru Outback I still have, I went to a big auto mall on Father's Day and couldn't find anyone. They were out back playing basketball.

Obviously they didn't expect to sell anything that day.

One guy who seemed to be the black sheep or new hire broke away from the game, and over an hour or so I talked him way down on the price. He was clearly desperate to make a sale. Went in Monday with my check to pay and pick it up and "Sergei? Oh that guy. He doesn't work here any more".

Seems I talked him down too far.

/ Do any year-end sales actually have any good deals? #10  
Probably. Traffic is less as the weather gets cold. I just started looking and have been to Kioti/Mahindra, RK and Kubota dealers. Both not very busy. I was the only one at Kubota and was out checking out the L series. Still have Bobcat in my immediate area.

Looking at used also. The RK's looked good, but raised prices. The RK37 I think is up and the Kubota showed me a 24k price that looked less than both Kioti and RK?

Just started looking though and am new to tractors so will be a while till I get my hands on one.
that looks like a nice tractor but i have a hard time paying 24k for that 3500 lb tractor when i just payed 28 k for a mahindra 6000 lb tractor with much better specs, unless you just need that size tractor. no offence to the OP intended i just am amazed at what some are willing to pay for a lawn mower with a FEL attached. I get it a fel is very useful but for not much more money you can get a lot more capability's.

back to the original question if you were around here, south texas, I could point you to a dealer that has lots of stock and would love to sell a tractor right now.