Do I need a bigger tractor?

/ Do I need a bigger tractor? #21  
In all honesty, due to the fact that you are limited to a 1500 sized pickup truck I would keep one of them for mowing, and I would buy a skid steer like a Case 1845C, Cat 226 or a Bobcat 753. But I think the perfect machines for you would be a Deere 4520 or a 5210 but price and trucking may limit that.

/ Do I need a bigger tractor?
Ok, went to dealer today to start crunching some numbrs and potential options for trade, selling, or switching the 2 b series tractors I have now. We really discussed the kubota mx 5200 tractor with loader. Took a quick look at the mx5200 (it was freezing cold so no test run) and I really like the tractor. Size is very ample for handling my winch for firewood and a larger bush hog, and much more loader capacity. I like this tractor.

I also have come to the conclusion that if I get a bigger tractor, it will be a mx5200 or comparable size (definitly leaning towards this mx 5200). So this will also mean I will need a larger capicity trailer. I guestimate the mx5200 to weigh in around 5100 lbs plus/minus with fel and loaded tires and add implement weight. Also guess a 20ft, 10000lb rated trailer will weigh around 2700lbs, so total towing weight to be around 8500lbs and I feel my 1992 3500 dump truck will handle this.

Dealer was mentioning a price of around 30k for mx5200. We dont have final numbers crunched yet.

I also came across a tractor loader, bush hog, box blade, and trailer package for 30k. Kinda seems like my answer. I called dealership with package (over 7.5 hours away), and got some of my questions answered. So far I am very impressed. For 30k I get a mx5200, ansung loader, loaded tires, woods 6 ft bushhog, howse box blade, and 20 ft coyote mach. trailer rated for 10000lbs. Asked if they would trade the box blade for delivering it right to me and they said yes. Still have some questions for this dealership, but so far I am very impressed.

What do you guys all think.

/ Do I need a bigger tractor? #23  
A used 45 to 50 Hp tractor with cab, 2wd, with 6 foot bush hog would complement very well you mowing requirement. May be a little too heavy for your trailer.
As for your wood operation, a 50 to 70hp tractor, 4x4, open station or cab (you're the one who knows) with loader and 5 foot log grapple would be ideal. With so much wood... a dedicated machine is not a luxury.
If you neede to make a good compromise, then as noted in your last post, you have found the machine you were looking for!
Best of luck in you endevours!:thumbsup: