Do it yourself bed liner

/ Do it yourself bed liner #11  
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pic's of my jeep during this project.

I will agree on the "it won't come off" part. If you are looking for a very intertaining read, do a google search for: Hootus +Herculiner There are many pages of a guy who accidentally got herculiner someplace bad when nature called. Hilarious story.

And, yes, it's not as thick as the pro stuff. There isn't any comparison. But, at 1/5 the price, I can't complain.

I just realized that I can't find the el-cheap-o underbody gun I used. Harbor freight doesn't carry it anymore. BJCSC - would you mind posting a link to the type "texture gun" you use?

/ Do it yourself bed liner #12  
jimmer2880 said:
BJCSC - would you mind posting a link to the type "texture gun" you use?

Yep, nothing fancy but it does a great job (I use the 4mm nozzle with Herc.)

Texture Gun

/ Do it yourself bed liner #13  
That looks like it would do a good job. Does the hopper have a lid to keep the paint/herc from spilling out? Knowing my luck, I'd trip over the air hose :eek:

Know I know what to buy if my underbody gun ever dies.

/ Do it yourself bed liner #14  
It doesn't have a lid, but the top half is covered (you can see it in the picture). You can rotate the hopper depending on whether you're shooting up or down to keep it from spilling...

/ Do it yourself bed liner #16  
I used the Duplicolor bedliner on my rocksliders. I did prime the metal with rustoleum rusty metal oil primer (spraygun). Then I appiled the bedliner (brush). I did get to try it out a week later. I unfortunately was going through a difficult section and slid sideways into a rock. The bedliner did show a scuff, but none was removed.

Dan

/ Do it yourself bed liner #18  
I use Durabak coating on my trackhoe trailer. The one thing about it is you can get it in colors. If that matters. You can also get it in gritty or smooth.
303-690-7190 . Or Google Durabak. Oh! Tough as nails.

/ Do it yourself bed liner
Thanks for the replies folks! I was going to put a black bedliner on the trailer,, but if they come in colors, I'll probably do that. A sprayer is out for expanded metal though.

Anyone know how much per gallon or where it is cheapest?