Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater?

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #11  
Any tractor with a charged battery and properly working glo plugs don't need a block heater. Both my big Kubotas live in an unheated barn and it gets cold here as in below zero and they both start right up after pre heating. I'd say the poster in the You tube video had issues with his old Kubota. Both my Kubota's are 2002 and 2004 and both have many thousands of hours on them. I do use Powerservice in them to prevent the diesel from gelling.

I do warm them up before moving them. I used them for snow removal in the winter and farming in the summer.

Okay: so what is cold??

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #13  
My Kubota came with a block heater. I've never used it. The intake air heater works just fine. Your Mahindra does not NEED one - it just makes starting easier. I'm retired so going outside when it's really cold is my FIRST decision. The SECOND decision would be starting the tractor. I VERY SELDOM find it absolutely necessary to go outside and start the tractor when it's really cold.

- if it's really cold, stay in the house where it's warm

- if it's snowing, is there an 8" accumulation and is it still snowing. Maybe, then, go out and plow the driveway.

- remember, I'm retired and spring is only a couple months away

I am following the exact same philosophy, but only for this Covid year.
If it is cold out....I don't go out!
Normally, I am in Florida this time of year.....and I don't give a damm how cold my tractor gets, while locked in my in the barn for the Winter!

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #14  
   / Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #16  
   / Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #17  
The way I see it is if you live in an area that gets below or even close to 20 degrees F, why would you not install a block/hose heater. It isn't like the heaters are really expensive or hard to install.

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #18  
My tractor starts right up down to 32F with no glow plug pre heat. Below that I pre heat the glow plugs. I’ll plug in the block heater for an hour or two if it is below 0F. I have a Ford 1920.

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #19  
My tractor starts right up down to 32F with no glow plug pre heat. Below that I pre heat the glow plugs. I’ll plug in the block heater for an hour or two if it is below 0F. I have a Ford 1920.

Same here, same Ford 1920, but close to the ocean, and glow plugs never needed.