Do Not Overload

/ Do Not Overload #3  
EHHH! just slap on a new front axel and put tires back on and call it good for the day. ;)

/ Do Not Overload #5  
Got feeling Willy Wrench and Mickey Mechcan gonner be tad busy for couple days.

/ Do Not Overload #6  
Ahh it'll buff right out.... lol

I dont necessarily agree with the title and description on the Jalopnik site though. It doesnt look overloaded. I see that theyve removed some of the rock but even with all that rock loaded i doubt it was over. I suspect it was a fatigue failure on one of the wheel bearings that caused the wheel to separate, then the opposite side to fail.

797 is a haul truck. Theyre designed to haul full, heaped loads all day 24/7 365.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi6gbzyx8M4

/ Do Not Overload #7  
They heap those trucks up with all kinds of rock,dirt,coal so forth. They are made to haul the weight. I also don't believe it was an overload conditon. Not sure exaclty how the front axle is built but you can bet it is massive. I would think the truck could prbably haul twice it's rated capacity without any type of failure.

They say the tires are the limiting factor on the size of the trucks. The tires are not big enough to handle the truck.

/ Do Not Overload #9  
I've heard that anything like that happens, tranny goes or major engine problem like a turbo, that they dont even consider getting it fixed. They just get a new one. I think stuff like that goes for $2m plus, so a 30 year old vehicle may as well be replaced for that $3.4m.

Kyle