Do you want to see.............?

/ Do you want to see.............? #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
This winter I am planing on rebuilding a motor. I am not sure what yet, but I have a few choices.

Old Gravely engine from my walk behind brushcutter.

Ford 8N motor from my new tractor, if the oil burning does not get better

Old Ford 460 motor, that will go into my Convertible if I get the tree off of it.

Now I am thinking of a thread on rebuilding whatever motor. Pictures step, by step instructions, the whole thing. Does anyone want to see it? To the powers that be, will this be allowed? I will be making sure it is in the right thread, on the right web site [ie Gravely in lawn and garden, 460 in vehicles on CBN etc.]. Sound like a good idea?

/ Do you want to see.............? #2  
Sounds good to me !

/ Do you want to see.............? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ford 8N motor from my new tractor... rebuilding whatever motor. Pictures step, by step instructions, the whole thing. )</font>

Hi Paul,

I vote for rebuilding the Ford 8N engine, step by step, piece by piece, photo by photo... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Especially since this is TractorByNet... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

(Hey... rebuild it anyways... whether it needs it or not... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

/ Do you want to see.............?
<font color="red"> I vote for rebuilding the Ford 8N engine, step by step, piece by piece, photo by photo...

</font>

That's what I am thinking John, but hey, if the smoke clears, it can wait a year, or so. Plus I still want to get a little use out of the old girl, and work out any bugs.[not that a 50+yo tractor will have any bugs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif] before I crack her apart. I want to fix it all when I am in there.

This is one of my weakness, I love to work on stuff. Only problem is getting invalved in to many projects. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif So come fall, we will see what projects come up to the top of the heap, and what way the money can flow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Do you want to see.............? #5  
An 8N is a true classic, but a Gravely is right up there, too. Hard choice for me. I'd like either of them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Do you want to see.............? #6  
Could make it interesting and rebuild the 460 and put it in the 8N!

/ Do you want to see.............?
Don't think I have not thought of that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now I do have a nice 351 coming out of that car..... Hmmmmmm, now I am getting ideas.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif