Dodge ram

/ Dodge ram #151  
Recall? That's no big deal. I had a 1977 F100 that would not stay in park either. Was the best truck I ever had, LOL.

/ Dodge ram #152  
How many diesel company's are you familiar with, Cummins are not considered a top tier engine. For marine applications they were dead last, considered cheap throw away crap. If you think Cummins matches up against MTU it shows your experience is one brand loyal.

It's pretty obvious you have an erection for Dodge and anything associated with it. I've found the Cummins engine to be everything I would want. I run with Dura Max and Power Strokes, I keep up with them and get better fuel mileage. People can drive whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I have no problem with the folks I know running those engines. We've often compared our maintenance costs between the different diesel brands. The Cummins that (two currently) I currently have always come out on top. YMMV.

I really don't care what you drive or like but, bashing an entire brand only shows the anger you have from one bad experience. Doesn't matter to me. I like my Cummins.

Rams :)

Last edited:
   / Dodge ram #153  
Here's a question for you ramps guys since Dodge is part calmer which is Mercedes why don't they figure a way to put the Mercedes diesel in their own Ram 1500 - 3500 trucks and also the Durango line of trucks. Just a thought because I drove a western star tractor trailer that had the Mercedes in it. It pulled and had just as much power as the other big truck engines it's just a thought and they already have the emissions figured out for the sprinter vans so why not try a test in certain trucks and see what happens?

Fiat purchased Chrysler from Daimler a few years ago. If anything, I'd like to see the FPT 6.7 in the Rams eventually.

/ Dodge ram #155  
It's pretty obvious you have an erection for Dodge and anything associated with it. I've found the Cummins engine to be everything I would want. I run with Dura Max and Power Strokes, I keep up with them and get better fuel mileage. People can drive whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I have no problem with the folks I know running those engines. We've often compared our maintenance costs between the different diesel brands. The Cummins that (two currently) I currently have always come out on top. YMMV.

I really don't care what you drive or like but, bashing an entire brand only shows the anger you have from one bad experience. Doesn't matter to me. I like my Cummins.

And I love my Ram. This is my first Dodge,, only thing I can say is I should of traded for one sooner. The last time I looked at them they were called Dodge Ram - spring of 1994 they had huge rebates on the first gens, a gorgeous dark blue W250 Regular cab Cummins auto. I should of bought it, but got cold feet.
After test driving a 16 F150, my 17 is just as nice of a truck. I love the highr ride height too.

/ Dodge ram #156  

IGNORE THAT MORON... HS is nothing but a troll that likes to go around the various forums plugging his brand and bashing everything else. Jeep as the jewel of the line??? That outta tell you he's nuts. :squirrel::squirrel:

/ Dodge ram #157  
IGNORE THAT MORON... HS is nothing but a troll that likes to go around the various forums plugging his brand and bashing everything else. Jeep as the jewel of the line??? That outta tell you he's nuts. :squirrel::squirrel:
It's part that makes money.

/ Dodge ram #159  
Typical car salesman.laffin

Well, I'm pretty new here and didn't know that.

houstonscott, will you verify that?

Have you ever asked yourself why there's such a thing as brand loyalty? There is a reason ya know. I don't have a clue as to what your truck of choice is, don't really care but, I can assure you that no matter what brand we're talking about, bashing another brand won't change anyone's opinion. Only a bad experience or, some other brand coming out with a product the buyer really wants.

As I said previously, I'm on the road a lot and run with all the other brands. In fact, I've hauled a few of them home when they had problems with their trucks. I don't make fun of them, could happen to any of us but, my Cummins has never let me down. If you are a salesman, I highly recommend you figure out a better way to attract customers because, you don't seem to be changing anyone's minds here.

See you on the road. Flag me down and I'll help you if I can. ;)

Rams

/ Dodge ram #160  
Hearing all this made me think of something.
10 years ago I would not buy a Dodge/Ram or whatever you want to call it. Knew too many people that had problems with trannys, etc....
Then work got me a long bed Crew cab 4x4, ran it for a few years and like it. Offered to get me a new 5.7l Crew Cab, said sure. Ran that one for years and loved it. I needed a new and bigger truck than my Tundra so i bought a Dodge Ram 2500 for personal use - really like it. This year work said Ford is the low bidder so how about a F150 - said sure, have to admit I was hoping I would get another Ram but look forward to trying something new.
We have owned a LOT of Toyotas and I really do like them and wish they made a 2500/3500 style truck but the domestic manufactures have come a long way in the last 10 years !