Does a white filter color mean it was changed?

/ Does a white filter color mean it was changed? #1  

Jeff59Va

Tractor
Kubota L3240HST, Kubota RTV1120D, Kubota BX2380
I have an L3240 that I bought used from a dealer a couple years ago when it had 152 hours on it. It now has 200 and is due for some service. When the dealer had it he said he "changed the fluids", but I did not get any receipt or anything - it was a trade-in so he serviced it before reselling. Looking underneath, both the HST filter and hydraulic filters are white with blue lettering as opposed to gray, so can I assume that they were changed? I have the new HST filter, but if the filter is less than 50 hours old, I would just wait for the 400 hour service to replace.

Asking another way, could an L3240 have come with a white Kubota replacement filter from the factory?

/ Does a white filter color mean it was changed? #2  
All spin on filters your tractor has at the factory were installed and painted with the chassis. No factory white filters.

/ Does a white filter color mean it was changed? #3  
Mine were gray on a new bx.

Beyond that, if your worried, change them. You can probably do it without losing enough fluid to matter.

Or ask for a detailed account of what was done, so you know what you need to do.

/ Does a white filter color mean it was changed? #4  
All spin on filters your tractor has at the factory were installed and painted with the chassis. No factory white filters.
Yup. They use the filters to cover those ports & fittings before painting. Otherwise you'd likely end up with paint chips in the system. If not immediately, down the road as it flaked off.

/ Does a white filter color mean it was changed?
Thanks guys. That's what I thought, just wanted confirmation.