Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics?
Then they add a new 'sport' every so often, like skeet shooting.
Perhaps the next will include 'Tractor Racing' 100 meter, 1000- meter both women and men category plus under 50 hp and turbo class.
But then they drop some of the original contests like shotput discus etc.
It is just a big 'mine is bigger than yours' contest.
Didn't you just describe sports in general?

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #32  
The actual races are pretty interesting (track, swimming, etc.) Some of the other events will blow you away with skill (shooting, archery). However, most of the team sports, such as basketball, soccer (football) etc are just weird side shows to the real events. And, does anyone really understand fencing as a sport?

As an aside, water polo is really weird. Like old time football (before rules) in the water.
I used to be a natatorium lifeguard in my college days (My work/study job).
The men’s waterpolo team was SICK. Guarding the matches freaked me out at first, then I just began to understand them boys ain’t right……

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #33  
Then they add a new 'sport' every so often, like skeet shooting.
Perhaps the next will include 'Tractor Racing' 100 meter, 1000- meter both women and men category plus under 50 hp and turbo class.
But then they drop some of the original contests like shotput discus etc.
It is just a big 'mine is bigger than yours' contest.
I hear underwater hockey may be coming to a future olympics…

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #35  
What!! Oh, sorry, I thought you wrote underwear hockey may be a sport!

MoKelly
Don’t put that past them, either.
Maybe ”synchronized keyboard data entry” will be a new Olympic sport with the way things are going…..

I can still remember George Foreman boxing in the Olympics…..
Now there was a great American!

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #36  
Did you hear about the farmer from Alabama that went to the olympics with a roll of barbed wire under each arm....he came in third in fencing...!

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #37  
I agree with most of what has been said^^^^...no, we don't watch it. I liked watching back in the 70's when it was more about the individuals and not "us against them" mentality. I liked watching very good athletes from other countries and their fans. It was a time to understand other cultures. Now the media only shows what we win in and the medal count.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics?
Did you hear about the farmer from Alabama that went to the olympics with a roll of barbed wire under each arm....he came in third in fencing...!
GROAN!!!!! 👍 😆

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #39  
Download the NBC Sports app. It lets you watch any event whenever you want. I'm into soccer and shooting and my wife equestrian, so we both get to watch all we want on our schedule. We just make sure we don't listen to the news about who wins gold etc so we don't know how it ends when we watch our events.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #40  
Uoses guys crack me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.