Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #112  
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #113  
Yeah, I agree. Something similar got me on vacation for a week... But the rules don't apply to some.

No offense meant but you probably got vacation for a week because you were one of the top offenders. Nobody gets vacation for making a few post.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #114  
No offense meant but you probably got vacation for a week because you were one of the top offenders. Nobody gets vacation for making a few post.
👼 Some people just can't take their own medicine...

Last edited:
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #115  
If a guy with a perfectly clean record shows up in front of a judge, he is more likely to receive a suspended sentence. If a career criminal shows up for the same charge, he is more likely to receive the maximum penalty. An on-going pattern of behavior matters.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #117  
If a guy with a perfectly clean record shows up in front of a judge, he is more likely to receive a suspended sentence. If a career criminal shows up for the same charge, he is more likely to receive the maximum penalty. An on-going pattern of behavior matters.
You've been around here long enough to know the lay of the land... it is somewhat ambiguous.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #119  

Unless you are a "peaceful protester"...then you do not even go to court. But "insurrectionists" go to jail to await trial.

I do not have a lot of confidence in our legal cesspool.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #120  
Funny, they were showing equestrian Wednesday night at the restaurant we were in. I don't mind it as it's own thing, but it is another one that should not be in the Olympics. The horse is the athlete.

FWIW, equestrian sports have been part of the olympics since the olympics were created. It dates back to a time when horsemanship was a vital skill for war and every day life. It used to be common to see men competing in their military uniform, but I don't recall seeing that in 30 years.

I would agree that the horse is obviously the one providing the "horsepower." It is one of the few sports (or maybe the only sport?) in the olympics where men and women compete equally. So it's clearly not about which rider is stronger of faster. OTOH, the rider is not a potted plant. The world's top riders have developed their skill over a dedicated lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.