Does anybody have a Allmand bros 425 TLB?

/ Does anybody have a Allmand bros 425 TLB? #1  

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
I’ve got a family member looking for a little backhoe. He’s been looking for a B or BX Kubota but has unrealistic standards for the condition or price and hasn’t bought one. I found a Allmand bros 425 Kubota diesel powered TLB for $8500. It looks like a stout little beast outperforming the B Kubotas by double. It lifts 2200 pounds with a breakout force of 3600 and a backhoe bucket force of 4600 and the machine only weighs 4200. The biggest downsides that I’m aware of is none removable backhoe and loader and it’s 2wd.

/ Does anybody have a Allmand bros 425 TLB? #2  
I’ve got a family member looking for a little backhoe. He’s been looking for a B or BX Kubota but has unrealistic standards for the condition or price and hasn’t bought one. I found a Allmand bros 425 Kubota diesel powered TLB for $8500. It looks like a stout little beast outperforming the B Kubotas by double. It lifts 2200 pounds with a breakout force of 3600 and a backhoe bucket force of 4600 and the machine only weighs 4200. The biggest downsides that I’m aware of is none removable backhoe and loader and it’s 2wd.

I borrowed & wrenched on a friends TBL 225. It's always nice when you get paid to borrow equipment. It was just old hoses & a dead glow plug controller, nothing complex.

The machine itself was simple & sturdy. Parts are avalible & really it commodity parts from other OEMs. Get a copy of the manual from Operators Manuals - Allmand Tractor Parts they sell parts too. If they are to spendy, you can probably find standard parts elsewhere if you research well.

The 2wd is a bit of an issue. The hoe can get you unstuck though. I've never bothered to try & removed the quick attach loader on my L4060 or L3200 in 6 odd years, so dont see an issue there. Lack of SSQA will hurt though. I have pallet forks on more than s bucket.

They are SLOW. Like fast walking speed slow. Fixed speed HST does the job, but no transport gear is annoying if you are going any distance.

It has limitations, but makes for a good small machine if you need the hoe. Pairs well with another tractor due to the lack of 3pt or road speed.