Does anyone know what this bolt is for?

/ Does anyone know what this bolt is for? #1  

Number15

Gold Member
Tractor
AC 7600 TTR, Branson 5520CH, Grasshopper 928D2
Found this bolt on the front of my front axle today very close to falling out. Found during greasing, the jam nut was all the way at the top and it was hanging on by a couple of threads.

PXL_20210827_165547130.jpg

/ Does anyone know what this bolt is for? #2  
Appears to be pivot limiter. Don't just tighten it. Learn how it's is supposed to be set.

/ Does anyone know what this bolt is for? #3  
That would be the "tractor build-quality indicator." :)

really, no idea.....

/ Does anyone know what this bolt is for?
Appears to be pivot limiter. Don't just tighten it. Learn how it's is supposed to be set.
I tried to get it to where the paint was. It was set then painted over so I got it close. I don't have a service manual, and neither does my dealer. Seems Branson has not put one out yet for the 2020.

/ Does anyone know what this bolt is for? #5  
That bolts sets the end play on the front axle pivot point. Previous design used a plate with 3 bolts and the proper amount and size of shims on the inside. They now changed to the bolt style.

Basically run the bolt in by hand, till you can't move it anymore and get the jam nut tight.

/ Does anyone know what this bolt is for? #6  
Your question involves the bolt/nut threaded into the casting containing the front pivot bushing? If so it's there to adjust the end play on the axle assembly. The business end of the bolt contacts a thrust type washer which in turn contacts the front of the axle unit. The combination limits front to rear movement of the axle within the pivot bushings. Just loosen the nut, tighten the bolt until it feels snug. Back the bolt off a flat or two and tighten the nut. It's not a critical adjustment.

/ Does anyone know what this bolt is for?
thank you everyone